Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Bartlett
Dr. David Bartlett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Bartlett is affiliated with Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC, UPMC Presbyterian and UPMC Horizon. Dr. Bartlett has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David Bartlett has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. David Bartlett has the following 25 expertise
- Appendix Cancer (Appendiceal Neoplasms)
- Body Weight
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Liver Cancer
- Lymphatic Metastasis
- Mammary Cancer (Experimental)
- Mesothelioma (Asbestos-related Cancer)
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 1
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Parathyroid Gland Surgery (Parathyroidectomy)
- Skin Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- von Hippel-Lindau Disease
Dr. David Bartlett is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I recommend Dr Bartlett he is a wonderful Dr. explains and very kind. I would highly recommend him to take care of anyone. Very up to date on all procedures and different types of treatments stays up to date on new medical findings. Have heard excellent speaker of seminars. Employees of Shadyside UPMC highly respect Dr Bartlett for the wonderful things he has accomplished with procedures and patients he has treated. Very Thankful for everything he done for Tim and myself.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bartlett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
UPMC South Side
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
Magee Womens Hospital
Upmc St Margaret
UPMC Shadyside Hospital
26 Years Experience
The University of Texas at Houston
Graduated in 1987
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. David Bartlett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHillman Surgical Oncology, 5150 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Bartlett in this video.
Dr. David Bartlett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.