Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David L Hammer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David L Hammer has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. David L Hammer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 6
Lacks understanding and compassion
Self-verified patient of Dr. David L Hammer - Posted on November 5th, 2011
I was in a motorcycle accident and had an regular appointment to see him scheduled 4 days after the acccident. When I saw him he took more x-rays even though I had the radiologist reports from the ER room with me. He then gave me 75 vicodan 5/500 1 to 2 tabs twice a day. Which is 4 a day so I had a 18 day supply. I asked him for a refill to follow me through to my next visit which was about 3 days early than the alloted supply. His lackie Physicain asssitant called me to tell me to make an appointment with pain management. When I called pain management they gave an appointment 4 weeks later. This is most likely when my broken ribs will be healed. I have a 20 year relationship with this doctor and the last times I asked for vicodan was 2 years ago when I had a cancerous tumor removed from my bladder. The only controlled substance I ask on a regular basis is diazapam 10 mg, which he does fill. Perhaps he believes the anxiety of thinking about having a recurrence of cancer is a sign of being a drug addict. I liked this doctor for a long time and thought he did a thorough job, but he lacks compassion. The Dr. that follows me up for cancer I can call at anytime and returns my phone calls personally, I will ask him for a recommendation for a new internest. Dr Hammer is great if you are healthy, just like health insurance.
"THE BEST" OF THE BEST
Self-verified patient of Dr. David L Hammer - Posted on July 23rd, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hammer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Albany Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDAVID L HAMMER MD, 29 Circle Rd, Scarsdale, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David L Hammer, MD - Internal Medicine in Scarsdale, NY, in this video.
Dr. David L Hammer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Scarsdale, NY.