Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David L Smith has the following 3 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. David L Smith has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. David L Smith has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David L Smith is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Overall, we met with his nurse regularly until the worst happened and my child suffered a serious injury. This doctor is open and receptive to parents with a medical background who are active in the care plan management of their child. We met Dr. Smith, who is typical of most MD's who spend about 20 minutes in assessment with their patient per day of hospital stay, and base their diagnosis and findings from nursing progress reports. We had many times since that hospital stay where we have met with him for follow up. He is very receptive for ideas and choices that the parent may have. Dr. Smith is a team player and utilizes other expert medical opinions readily to form a solid basis for treatment. The floor doctors at Memorial Hospital are efficient, some more aggressive in treatment then others, and they accommodate to a parents schedule with about 2 visits per day to maintain progress on the child. Overall, my experience with having a child in the pediatric ward for over 10 days was exceptional because of the teamwork and accommodations. The nurses and doctors working collaboratively was what made the trauma bearable. I was able to stay at my child's side at all times, and I felt that it was a positive environment with the added benefit of student nurses.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
46 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. David L Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsAnnadell Pediatrics, 500 Doyle Park Dr Ste 100, Santa Rosa, CA
Dr. David L Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Rosa, CA.