Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. David Smith
Dr. David Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, SC, with other offices in Lexington, SC and Lexington, SC (and 4 other locations). He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Lexington Medical Center, Providence Hospital and Palmetto Health Richland. He speaks English.
Dr. David Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 10
I have been seeing Dr. Smith for 10 years and have found him to be extremely compassionate, a very good listener, and right on the miney with his diagnostic skills. After becoming a patient, I transfered my entire family over to him, and have recommended him to many friends. They all love him and do not want to see any other doctor.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lexington Medical Center
Palmetto Health Richland
17 Years Experience
University of South Carolina
Graduated in 1996
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. David Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.