- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Labowitz DO
Dr. David A Labowitz, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Evanston, IL, with other offices in Park Ridge, IL and Park Ridge, IL (and 4 other locations). He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Labowitz has 7 locations
225 N Milwaukee Ave Ste 1500
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
757 Park Ave W Ste 2850
Highland Park, IL 60035
Dr. David A Labowitz has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David A Labowitz has the following 12 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
Showing 1 of 1
Horrible and judgmental - Doesn't listen!
Self-verified patient of Dr. David A Labowitz - Posted on February 28th, 2019
Horrible and judgmental - Doesn't listen! My husband went into the hospital to the emergency room with yellow eyes and skin! He was also having abdominal pains. Labowitz is a doctor we were familiar with from years before and he treated my husband so we went with him again. Big mistake!! He accused my husband of drinking again and refused to treat him until he admitted to it. So my husband lied so he could get treatment. This doctor also accused my husband of doing drugs and not just pot hard drugs!! He was finally treated and made out to be a white trash alcoholic which he was not. This doctor also made sure every and any mistake my husband did while incapacitated the first time he has to be brought to the hospital was made known to everyone and anyone! My husband ended up back at the hospital a week later after being discharged and we told the attending we no longer wanted Labowitz as a doctor because he was a complete and horrible doctor. Come to find out when my husband was sent down to UofC for end stage liver failure that he has CANCER in his Liver hence the yellow eyes, skin and pains! Labowitz never tested him for CANCER!! over looked all the signs and just accused my husband of drinking again and starting to do drugs even though all his tests came back negative!!! After getting a new better more compassionate Doctor and being sent down to UofC my husband had his cancer treated and is on his way to getting a new liver since his past mistakes from years previous had caused the cancer to begin with. I do not recommend going to this doctor because he is awful and does not listen, brings up past mistakes and misses all the signs of someone with bigger issues. Do yourself a favor and avoid him at all costs! He almost caused my husband to never be treated for the cancer and he could have died within 6 to 18 months without treatment!!
15 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Dr. David A Labowitz Accepts the Following Insurance
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David A Labowitz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Evanston, IL.