Dr. David Laverty Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. David Laverty?

Outstanding Orthopedic Surgeon in Austin, Texas

Posted on May 17th, 2017

My orthopedic injury was a fracture to the ulna bone near the wrist. Injured at work and being in extreme pain and not being able to work has been very stressful and has brought me to tears many times in this ordeal. As soon as I arrived at Texas Orthopedics office, I was escorted to an exam room. There was NO wait time. The brilliant and personable, Dr. David Laverty, entered the room with a big smile, a calm, caring demeanor, and an assured confidence that he would be able to help me. He offered to show me my fracture on my x-ray, he took time to answer all my questions, and he explained the surgical procedure in detail. His diagnosis was accurate. He spoke with the expertise and experience of a seasoned trauma surgeon. This in itself brought comfort to my spirit. I had just met this doctor and I knew I was in good hands. So his staff immediately scheduled my surgery. The very efficient and professional assistant, Ms. Cheng, with her fine communication skills, called me, e-mailed me, promptly returned my calls, and texted me to make sure I was prepared for my surgery. At every turn, Dr. David Laverty and his staff exuded professionalism. Experiencing a doctor’s office being so well managed is very impressive. This kind of management trickles down from the top. So an excellent doctor hires an excellent staff and each patient receives the best possible care. As my arm heals in a splint after the surgery, I am sent to physical therapy in another office across town. The therapy is for my for my lower back and neck. I arrive for therapy and in the middle of the therapist’s assessment of my other injuries, the therapist asks, “So, who was your surgeon?” I answer, “Dr. David Laverty, Trauma Surgeon with Texas Orthopedics.” The physical therapist, shakes his head and smiles …….and says, “Well you got the BEST Ortho Surgeon in Austin!” and I thought ….Yes, I did. I am so grateful to have been under the care of Dr. David Laverty. This doctor is THE REAL DEAL. Thank You, Dr. Laverty, for putting my arm back together and Thank You for treating me with respect.

Care for the elderly

Posted on August 25th, 2016

Dr Laverty and his PA Cheng as well as the entire staff was outstanding with my 82 year old mother. She recently lost her husband of 61 years, has survived a brain stem stroke and has a very bad heart so she is very fragile and is a severe fall risk. The manner which Dr Laverty and staff handled my mother was exemplary. We would gladly use Dr Laverty again if needed.

Dr. Laverty is the Bomb

Posted on April 17th, 2013

I broke my ankle snowboarding & first ortho said I needed surgery, plate and screws, & that was the fastest way to get me walking. That w/o it I'd run the risk of arthritis. A friend got me in to see Dr. Laverty on Monday, surgery was scheduled or 6 am Tuesday. He fit me in w/i an hour of calling even though they were totally booked. He tells me that he sees 400 of these kind of injuries every year & that he doesn't think I need surgery after taking a few more x-rays. Then proceeds to explain why, that I had a stable Tibia, and my fracture was localized to the Fibula. He followed up with a text later that afternoon to see how the walking boot he put me in was feeling. Dr. Laverty saved some me from having surgery. He's the best in town....and it's great to see that he's still down to earth & really cares about his patients.

A must if you want to work right again!!!

Posted on September 9th, 2012

4 years ago I was hit by car and had compound fractures on both lower legs and my arms were ripped down to the bone. After muscle graphs, bone graphs, rods and a plate I work almost back to normal. He is great at listening to what's going on and figure out the bust way to fix what's going on, and will tell you why and what's going on with you. I wouldnt be here if he didn't do what he did and happy he let me keep my legs even tho they were jigsaw puzzles and destroyed he tried a new procedure and allowed me to keep both of them. I highly recommend him to anyone that has been hurt and needs a surgeon, if I was to get again I was tell people that is the doctors I want. If you have a bad doc don't waste your time switch to him. It will save your body and life.Thank you for everything Dr. Laverty

Posted on May 16th, 2017