Dr. David Leff Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Leff?

Awesome!

Posted on August 1st, 2017

Dr. Leff is kind and caring. He asks great questions and actually listens to your answers. His bedside manner is wonderful. I am very pleased with the level of service I receive at his office. His staff is friendly and very knowledgeable.

Extremely rude staff! No one deserves to be treated with such disrespect!

Posted on January 10th, 2017

I genuinely wanted to see Dr Leff, as he came very highly recommended. Due to family emergency I had to r/s my appt. The staff was very rude. I recently had another issue with my schedule and called to r/s with receptionist Hannah. She was also very rude. Today I received a call today stating I'd missed my appt. I explained the r/s yesterday and receptionist Kelly argued with me! I won't be seeing this well-recommended Dr due to his EXTREMELY RUDE staff! I cancelled and will see another Dr.

Posted on December 15th, 2016

I've seen Dr. Left for about 10 years now. He's always been very caring and his bedside manner is wonderful.

Posted on August 31st, 2015

Having had Hep C for many years, I had heard of some medication that was fairly easy to take to eliminate the virus. He touted himself as being the best and having basically inside info on a new once a day pill that I should wait for that was even easier than what I was asking for. I was prescribed the medication and subsequently had pain in my side. He immediately sent me to the ER stating he really knew nothing about the drug. Of course, neither did the ER. I was on the medication for 12 weeks and half way through wanted to quit because of ringing in the ears. After sending me for a test for hearing loss which was negative he said it was ok to continue. I subsequently had lung issues, heart issues, vertigo, and headache. He called a couple of times to see what had been determined. I let me know that nothing had been determined as yet the last time I spoke with him. The last I heard, which was three months ago, his MA called to tell me the blood test I had showed I was cured. There was no further communication or question as to how I was feeling or any discussion of follow up. I now have tinnitus, constant headache, vertigo, neuropathy, breathing issues and irregular heartbeat. I have spent most of my time going to specialists to see what damage Harvoni has done to see if it can be remedied. For someone who said this was the greatest new drug, his follow-up in my opinion has been pathetic. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Good doc, makes me hopeful.

patient

Posted on August 12th, 2014

In 1986 I was diagnosed with Hep non-A non- B. In 1190 the diagnose was changed to the newly discovered hep C. My liver was further compromised by a prescription for my narcolepsy. By the time i came to have Dr David Leff as my gastro physician, my liver was wholly cirrhotic. In 1990 i did the standard inteferon treatment & was forced to stop due to complications with severe side effects. I started seeing Dr Leff 10 years after my failed treatment. He informed me that i had severe liver damage. When Ribovirin came on the sceen i was denied treatment by my insurance company to to failing the previous inteferon treatment. Dr Leff went to bat for me & persuaded them to pay for my treatment. I am eternally greatful for the extraordinary effort Dr Leff went to so that i had a chance to beat the virus. My treatment was very difficult to say the least. Dr Leff was compassionate & extreemly supportive throughout the coarse of treatment. He took time to call after hours to encourage me & convinced me to persevere in finishing the prescribed coarse of treatment, despite my strong desire to quit. I feel i was extreemly fortunate to have the privaledge to have Dr David Leff in charge of my gastro care. Today i recieved the results from my viral load, quantitive & other liver enzyme levels... which were all normal with no detectable virus. It has been nearly 13 years since they could find a measurable level of the virus! I owe my life to his dedication, devotion & outrigbt tenacity regarding my care. He is not only knowledgeable in his field, but brings a level of compassion that is rare to find these days. I would recommend anyone who is serious about their gastro health to David Leff, MD.

Not impressed

Posted on May 27th, 2011

Now that I have a new GI doctor and looking back, he could have done a whole lot more with testing and diagnosis. Nice enough guy but is lacking in diagnosis and jumped to conclusions without test and data backup. I ended up in the hospital ER and hospital with a completely different diagnosis from another GI. Not going back to Dr. Leff.

Posted on August 3rd, 2017