Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David J Lefkowitz
Dr. David J Lefkowitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lefkowitz is affiliated with Hospital for Special Surgery and Gracie Square Hospital. Dr. Lefkowitz has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. David J Lefkowitz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David J Lefkowitz has the following 15 expertise
- High Blood Pressure
- Exercise Stress Test
- Chest Pain
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Nuclear Stress Test
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Shortness of Breath
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
Dr. David J Lefkowitz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 45
I have been a patient of Dr. Lefkowitz for two years. Through this time he is always kind, caring, and consistently displays expertise in his field. He always provides me with important information about treatment options that allow me to be confident with my treatment plan. He will follow up about test results whenever he receives them, even if this requires making personal calls in the evening.
I visited with Dr. Lefkowitz in June. He saw me at my appointed time, was thorough and insightful with his questions, but overall a very caring and knowledgeable doctor. He was able to diagnose my issue, where other doctors were not able to. And he called me after hours to follow up with my care. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Lefkowitz is an extremely capable cardiologist who is easy to talk to, takes time to explain things to patients and is an extremely gifted physician. I have been his patient for several years and have been consistently impressed with his technical knowledge, skill and humanity. He is the 4th cardiologist with whom I've consulted and I finally feel like I have found someone whom I can trust with my health care and who treats me like a human being.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Lefkowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1983
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions407 Medical Associates, 407 E 70th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David J Lefkowitz in this video.
Dr. David J Lefkowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.