Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Abraham D Lerner
Dr. Abraham D Lerner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Carmichael, CA, with another office in Carmichael, CA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Lerner is affiliated with Sutter Tracy Community Hospital and Mercy General Hospital. Dr. Lerner has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Abraham D Lerner has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Abraham D Lerner has the following 13 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Holistic Health
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
Dr. Abraham D Lerner has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Abraham D Lerner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Lerner is one of the best, most thorough Obstetricians in Sacramento. I feel confident in the knowledge and care he has provided for me and would not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.Dr. Lerner is part of a very busy OB/Gyn practice shared with a large number of doctors, all of whom are competent, but definitely have varying styles of practice. Camelia Women's Health provides a wide range of services to all stratas of ability to pay and complications.
I WAS DUE TO DELIVER MY BABY THE WEEK I WENT IN ON MONDAY. BY WEDNESDAY, MY BABY HAD DIED INSIDE OFF ME. WHEN DR. LERNER DID NOT HEAR THE HEARTBEAT AND I WENT TO GET THE ULTRASOUND, HE SAID, "I HAVE BAD NEWS, YOUR BABY IS DEAD", I STARTED CYRING UNCONTROLLABLY AND TOLD HIM I WANTED MY HUSBAND, HE SAID,"WHEN YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOURSELF WE WILL CALL YOUR HUSBAND." HE THEN TOLD ME TO GO TO THE BACK OF THE HOSPITAL SO HE COULD INDUCE MY LABOR, HE HAD ME GO TO THE BACK OF THE HOSPITAL WHERE THE ENTRANCE WAS NEAR THE NURSERY. THIS WAS HORRIBLE, AND I HAD TO STAY IN THE MATERNITY WARD FOR TWO DAYS HEARING NEWBORNS CRY. AFTER I GOT OUT AND TOLD HIM I NEEDED HELP WITH MY HUSBAND IN COPING WITH THE DEATH OF OUR BABY AND THAT MY HUSBAND IS NOT BEING VERY COMFORTING, HE TOLD ME TO CHANGE THE LOCKS AND KICK HIM OUT. THIS IS THE WORST DOCTOR. I WOULD SUE HIM IF I COULD.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lerner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Columbia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Abraham D Lerner accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & Directions
Dr. Abraham D Lerner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carmichael, CA.