Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David S Lever
Dr. David S Lever, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH, with another office in Beachwood, OH. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lever is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hospital For Rehabilitation. He speaks English.
Dr. David S Lever has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David S Lever has the following 16 expertise
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Colonic Polyps
Dr. David S Lever has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
My son has lost a lot of weight and struggled to find a doctor who would really listen to his difficulties and provide solace for his pain. Dr. Lever is very kind and very diligent. He is unbelievably generous with his time and looks for solutions without throwing unnecessary medications and invasive diagnostic tests at a patient who is already suffering from a malady. His quiet, understated approach and well of knowledge immeasurably alleviated our deep concern and provided solace and hope for a solution. I can not over state how supportive and reassuring this doctor's approach has been. He is a paragon of hope in these uncertain times of cost effective cut backs and indifferent curative health measures.
Dr. Lever is always late no doubt about it. He also barely speaks to you. He yawns a lot while sitting and typing and looking at the computer. After a few visits, you know you have to wait to speak until the time you sense he is ready to talk to you. He is someone that I am surprised that CCF has kept for as long as they have. I can say this much for the man, I survived my colonsocopy and endoscopy with him. So, maybe his medical talents are more than meets the eye; if you can take the negative issues mentioned above before you get to that point know maybe you should stick with him despite the issues listed above. You may also have to refresh his memory or inform him of things that should be in your records.
This doctor has zero consideration for his patients. Every time Ive gone to see him, he runs ridiculously late. Ranging from 1 hour for an office visit to 2 hours late for procedures. He is horribly unfriendly, grunts in acknowledgement when he walks in and then sits at the computer and acts totally disinterested in you as a patient. He has ZERO personality and is downright rude. He has seen the last of me, thats for sure.
Dr. Lever is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1980
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. David S Lever accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David S Lever in this video.
Dr. David S Lever is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.