Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David Levine has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. David Levine has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
Dr. David Levine has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
He was not listening to the seriousness of my husbands irregular heart rythms. He actually took a call from his son for about 10 minutes during out scheduled time. After the first ablation my husband ended up in critical condition the next day back in the hospital, the second ablation he coded two times on the table as he had poked holes in my husbands heart and he needed almost an entire bodies worth of blood supplies to bring him back to life along with a thoracic surgeon that needed to be called in to do emergency surgery on him. Day surgery turned into major thoracic surgery and weeks in the ICU. I cant believe my husband lived through it. It was only by the very strong grace and mercy of God. His associates were rude when I tried to tell them what medicines had kept him in rhythmn befor the surgery, they ignored me and he was out of rhythm til the day he left the hospital still on oxygen and finally they gave the drug i told them kept him in rhythm. sure enough the day he left the hospital they gave him that drug and he went back into rhythm. we went to another hospital a few months later and my husband was brave enough to go through another ablation and it was one hundred percent successful ... at baylor hospital. please i hope this help someone not go through the trauma my husband and i suffered at the hands of this electrophysiologist. My father also had this doctor put in another pacemaker for him and he left him laying on the ice cold table for over an hour while he was in a meeting.
My previous cardiologist said I needed a pacemaker and was supposed to get back to me to schedule procedure but his office staff kept putting me off. I contacted Dr. Levine's office and was able to get in to see him within 3 days and he implanted the pacemaker within the week. Dr. Levine is very nice and takes good care of me. I highly recommend him.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
37 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. David Levine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Texas Cardiovascular, 221 W Colorado Blvd Ste 831, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Levine in this video.
Dr. David Levine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.