Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David H Loughran
Dr. David H Loughran, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pennington, NJ, with other offices in Doylestown, PA and Doylestown, PA . He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Loughran has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. David H Loughran has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David H Loughran has the following 7 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 12
For over four years I suffered from a vexing and troublesome skin condition that neither my family doctor nor dermatologist could accurately diagnose and treat. I found relief after being referred to Dr. Loughran. He was pleasant and did a thorough exam and did not mind answering my questions. I felt comfortable in his office. Dr. Loughran later told me the complex nature of my skin problem. The actual diagnosis threw me for a loop but it was, evidently, a correct one for which I received effective treatment and what appears to be a resolution of the condition, rhanks to this doctor.
If it had not been for Dr. Loughran, my Lymes Disease may not have been properly diagnosed and treated in time. While he was pragmatic by ordering the proper tests before diagnosing, he was decisive and thorough in prescribing treatment. If not for that, my symptoms could have gotten worse and potentially been debilitating and long-lasting. He spent time with me and was never in a rush nor inaccessible. I feel very fortunate to have had him treating me.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1983
Saint Michaels Medical Center
Dr. David H Loughran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David H Loughran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pennington, NJ.