Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David M Auerbach
Dr. David M Auerbach, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Auerbach is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland and Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David M Auerbach has the following 3 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Cholesterol Management
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood Cancer
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Auerbach takes the time to thoroughly evaluate and discuss my care. He's helped motivate me to recognize and manage multiple chronic conditions - then to dramatically improve my health through treatment and lifestyle changes. The office is well managed and UTSouthwestern's online Mychart system makes it easy to follow-up, review test results, schedule appointments or prescriptions, and communicate. The wait time is always short and he's well prepped when he enters. It would be hard to go to someone else.
Dr. Auerbach is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1978
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. David M Auerbach accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUt Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David M Auerbach in this video.
Dr. David M Auerbach is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.