Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sleep Apnea Sleep apnea symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
- Tennis Elbow Facts about tennis elbow, including what it is & signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Irwin
Dr. David Irwin, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Erie, PA, with other offices in Erie, PA and Erie, PA . He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Management. Dr. Irwin is affiliated with UPMC Horizon and Hamot Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David Irwin has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr Irwin has a wonderful bedside manor and has always taken his time with me and has done a great job of explaining things to me. His diagnosis and treatment has been a godsend to me. The first Dr. in 10 months after a MVA to find a treatment that eases the pain I have been suffering. He comes highly recommended by me. It is very hard to get an appointment with him, so obviously he is a great Dr. or it wouldn't be so difficult for his staff to find a time slot for an appointment.
Dr. Irwin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hamot Medical Center
11 Years Experience
Western University of Health Sciences
Graduated in 2002
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Irwin in this video.
Dr. David Irwin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Erie, PA.