- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David Mclellan has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. David Mclellan has the following 3 expertise
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. David Mclellan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 3
Dr. Mclellan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. David Mclellan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMarion Surgical Associates, 1708 Locust Ave, Fairmont, WV
Dr. David Mclellan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairmont, WV.