Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David M Nelson
Dr. David M Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with Fairview Range Medical Center, Mercy Hospital and Unity Hospital. Dr. Nelson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David M Nelson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. David M Nelson has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. David M Nelson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David M Nelson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I have had vast experience with many physicians and I can truly say the Dr. Nelson stands above the rest. Not only does he genuinely care about you and your health, but then will take as much time as he needs to help you during your appointment. You will never feel rushed. He is so knowledgeable as well as thorough. For the first time I feel ad though a physician cares about me instead of my healthcare insurance payment. I have recommended him to all of my family members and I would drive miles to have him care for my health.
Dr. Nelson is amazing! He spends the time it takes to get to the bottom of the issue and never makes you feel rushed. He actually cares! I cannot speak enough praise about this Doctor. Dr. Nelson is a gem and our family is very grateful to have found him. The Staff and Nurses at France Ave. are also the kind considerate and caring.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1997
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. David M Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFrance Avenue Family Physicians, 7250 France Ave S Ste 410, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. David M Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.