Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David A Mackoul has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Legal Medicine
Legal medicine specialists advise on a variety of laws and regulations regarding health care and public health. This include disability claims, hospital law, privacy laws and physicians’ obligations and liabilities. They typically have a medical degree and a law degree so they're able to address specific legal issues that apply to medical professionals, hospitals and clinics.
Compared to forensic medicine, which deals with determining cause of death in criminal investigations, they deal with issues that impact patient care and they’re also typically involved in assessing illegal substance use in athletes.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
We have 5 kids and they love it here. Dr. MacKoul is kind, patient, and above all, KNOWLEDGEABLE. He hires wonderful staff and then continues to educate them. They are always on top of the latest medical news and trends. I sincerely feel that the only thing they care about is keeping my kids happy and healthy.
After a long wait in a dirty office. A rude, discourteous office girl led us to a room where we waited 45 more minutes. My child was a nervous wreck. Each person that walked in assured us doctor would soon be in .... Dr eventually came in. Spoke for 10 minutes. Looking only at his computer then got up and left. I stared at my child. I was unclear if we were done. Ten minutes later a nurse came in to clean the room. "Are we done?" Yes. Go to nurse desk and you can make your next appointment. Looked at my child and decided there would be no next appointment.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Mackoul is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Orlando Regional Healthcare System
Dr. David A Mackoul accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMackoul Pediatrics, 206 SE 16th Pl, Cape Coral, FL
Dr. David A Mackoul is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cape Coral, FL.