More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David M Matusiak has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. David M Matusiak has the following 9 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Child Development
Dr. David M Matusiak has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David M Matusiak is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
Dr. Matusiak has been my children's pediatrician for 17 years. He takes the time to listen to parents unlike other doctors I have worked with. I Highly recommend him because of his knowledge, attentiveness and great bed side manner.
We just had a very unfortunate experience to meet with Dr Matusiak because our regular peds doc was not available. He is pompous and arrogant. We came for a concern and he basically shrugged as off with no explanation. I had to tell him to PLEASE CHECK AND LISTEN TO HIS LUNGS coz my baby has been coughing and actually threw up the night before. Why do I have to tell a clinician that? Isn't that the first thing they should be doing? Get the patients vitals!!!
Extremely incompetent doctor, lacks concern, dignity and empathy for sick children. He should not be allowed to continue Medical practice specially children.My daughter experienced pain, high fever, coughing, loss of appetite and after explaining this to Dr. Matusiak he had my 15 month old daughter get chest x-rays as he thought she could have bronchitis.He interpreted the x-rays and determined they came back fine, there was nothing to be concerned with. However he stated if the symptoms continued I should have her be seen by him again. He clearly seemed upset at my daughters loud cry but she was experiencing pain.After arriving home I rationalized with myself and wondered why if he saw my daughter in such agony he would send me home without any kind of medication.My daughter would not stop crying and still refused to eat.I took my daughter and headed to the hospital. At Elmhust she was treated by David Andreski, whom showed and expressed concern for my daughter. He reviews the x-rays previously taken by Mtusiak and stated on the contrary of Matusiaks diagnosis he determined my daughter did have bronchitis. He immediately began to treat my daughter and then we were discharged but first he ensured we had the medication prescription and nebulizer mchine to help my daughter recooperate and to stop the pain.Someone needs to redetermine and really look into this individual he really does not display any kind of empathy.
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Dr. David M Matusiak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David M Matusiak in this video.
Dr. David M Matusiak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elmhurst, IL.