Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David May has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have seen David for perhaps 2-3 years. I was referred to him by another of his patients and friend, because my previous psychiatrist retired. My issues are primarily anxiety, depression and sleeping. He meets with patients out of his funky house in the hills above West L.A. It is a very comfortable environment. He is well educated and very smart, I think a Yale grad. He is usually pretty punctual, takes copious notes, and his both a good at listening and making suggestions. David is a bit on the pricey side, does not accept any insurance, will provide a super bill. I use a different person for most of my psychotherapy, and David for primarily medicine. On scale of 1-10, I would give him a 9 to a 9.5. He is worth it if you can afford him. I would suspect that most of his client base are wealthy west l.a./ valley professionals, entertainment or successful business people. David I sense, does this truly for the love of psychiatry, and seems to really enjoy what he does.
Dr. May is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
USC Norris Cancer Hospital
35 Years Experience
University of California at San Francisco
Graduated in 1978
Dr. David May accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2519 Perdido Ln, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. David May is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.