Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David G Mayernik has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Brain Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. M was my mother's doctor. Unfortunately, her cancer was rare and advanced by the time it was found and she went into liver failure a week after being diagnosed. My mother felt very comfortable with him and he was very kind and patient with her. When I had questions, he gave me the information straight, without beating around the bush and he helped me with arrangements for hospice care. He checked in on us at the hospital every day. I am grateful that we had such a compassionate doctor.
This doctor ignored my family member's questions. In the end, Dr. Mayernick simply quit talking to my loved one while he was dying. Dr. Mayernik used his rude nurses to screen calls, and avoid giving treatment plans/outcome updates to my family member. My uncle was so scared and confused, thanks to Dr. Mayernik's confusing, unprofessional and uncaring advice. I believe the other 3 negative reviews, because I saw it happen to my family member.
I would definitely not recommend this doctor. There is no doubt he puts his financial success above the well being of his patients. He was extremely cold from the get go, warms up and appears ok, and then you question him and forget it... He is very unprofessional. I could go on and on, but all I can say is thank goodness there are other hospice services and doctors that have NOTHING to do with him. The biggest disappointment in a professional that I have yet to encounter. Individuals deserve much more compassion and respect from a doctor let alone a CANCER doctor.
Told my mother over the phone that she had 6 months to live and that there were no options for her despite telling her a month before that she was "doing great" and "didn't need chemotherapy". Got a second opinion and oncologists say there are treatment options. Mayernick is unprofessional and not up to date on his treatment regiments.
The compassion just wasn't there. Very disappointed with his bedside manner especially when dealing with cancer patients. One's emotion well being does go along way in keeping a patient healthy, and his attitude did not support that. He may be a good doctor from the scientific aspect, but there is more that goes into being a wondeful doctor.
Dr. Mayernik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. David G Mayernik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Penn Allegheny Oncology Network, 2580 Haymaker Rd Ste 404, Monroeville, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David G Mayernik in this video.
Dr. David G Mayernik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monroeville, PA.