Is Dr. David Mayo the right Doctor for you?
Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David Mayo has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. David Mayo has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. David Mayo - Posted on July 25th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. David Mayo - Posted on April 5th, 2014
I've been a patient of Dr. Mayo for a few years and he is the best doctor I've ever had. He is very friendly and knowledgable. He spends as much time with me as I need. He's the only doctor who I feel truly cares. His office staff is very friendly. The office is very clean and beautiful. I can call his nurse ten times a day and she never makes me feel like a bother. When I call, she always calls me back the same day. I would recommend this office to anyone. Thank you Dr Mayo for always being there!
Self-verified patient of Dr. David Mayo - Posted on March 7th, 2014
Best gyn ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. David Mayo - Posted on March 1st, 2014
I decided to write a review after having an annual at Dr. Mayo's office and I read the previous reviews and sorry girls but I completely disagree with your views. I had the best experience ever, the front desk was polite and they may me feel welcome, then I got to meet Doc itself and treated me with great respect, he spent 20 min reviewing my medical history in his office and not undress and cold in an exam room, then his nurse guided me and asked for a urine sample to make sure I did not have a uti and then he did a thorough physical. Really, I went to other obgyns before and no one has treated me the way this office and this Doc did. sorry girls that you did not have what you expected, but judging someone as the worst ever in a 10 min visit or because a nurse did not sent your pills in time, is not to be taken serious. Great doc and staff, I would recommended to all my girlfriends.
The worst gyno ever
Self-verified patient of Dr. David Mayo - Posted on February 17th, 2014
I went to Dr Mayo as a student needing a yearly exam and birth control. He told me he found a cyst and was going to schedule a ultra sound for me.. Never scheduled it! They charge extra for a urine sample and they don't even ask if you want one done anyway. His nurse practitioner came into my room didn't even bother to tell me if I was pregnant or not before prescribing me the pill and said shed call in my prescription that day! One week later still didn't call it in! For a doctors office they are completely unorganized and with all the mishaps they don't make you feel like a priority as a patient. Last time I'm ever going there!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
St Peters Medical Center
Dr. David Mayo Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Excellus BluePPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsMAYO MEDICAL PC, 141 Groton Ave, Cortland, NY
Dr. David Mayo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cortland, NY.