Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David S Mccall has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. David S Mccall has the following 12 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Family Planning
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. David S Mccall has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David S Mccall is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
We really appreciated having Dr McCall for primary care. The breakdown occurred with the lack of communication with the head nurse, who refused to listen to our concerns or to bring our concerns to the attention of the doctor. She would interrupt our words and change our words. This happened at least 4 times. We felt we had no choice but to find other primary care.
I was released as a patient without notice, my wife was a Medical Assistant for David she was mentally and emotionally abused by the wife and office manager Bonnie. She left, received unemployement for falsely being terminated. Dr. Mc Call allowed individual personal differences of his employees impede on the wellness of a patient, not good medical practice.
Fit my son in the same day we called for an appointment for a bad cold. Dr. McCall remembered my son was going off to college in the fall and asked if we wanted him to fill out his physical forms for him so we didn't have to come back again later. He took the time to have my son print them off on the computer from the room. Dr. M is always caring like this and goes out of his way to help us. I noticed changes in his staff were made this past year and the new staff are much friendlier and more professional.
There is an old women who works there dressed as a nurse. She appears to be drunk or drugged. The Dr seemed nice but the lady made everyone feel uncomfortable. She spoke rudely to her staff . I am shocked the Dr would allow an employee to be drunk while seeing patients. I later found out she shares his last name.
Dr. Mccall is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. David S Mccall accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David S Mccall in this video.
Dr. David S Mccall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Massena, NY.