Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David W Mcdermott Sr has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. David W Mcdermott Sr has the following 7 expertise
- Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
Dr. David W Mcdermott Sr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. McDermott performed the circumcision for my son at 8 months because he could not have it done at birth. He was very caring and supportive. He spent dedicated time with us and paid attention to our concerns. Highly recommend. He has been wonderful to us and our son.
My son had a chordee. This dr. performed the surgery on him at 7 months of age. 3 years later we discovered it is still bent. so we took him to another specialist and he found that Dr Mcdermott had taken too much skin off when he did the surgery on my son at 7 months old. So now my son has to do painful skin graft surgery to fix the problem mcdermott caused.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mcdermott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1977
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. David W Mcdermott Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAnne Arundel Urology, 600 Ridgely Ave Ste 130, Annapolis, MD
Dr. David W Mcdermott Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.