Dr. David Mckee Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. David Mckee?

Rude Ineffective Pugnacious

Posted on January 14th, 2017

My appointment with Dr. Mckee was a total waste of time. I wonder how many of his 5 star ratings were fabricated by him or his staff

stroke/TBI patient

Posted on May 2nd, 2016

Dr. McKee has helped me meet the rehabilitation goals and SUBSTANTIALLY assisted in the improvement of the side effects of my stroke including, but not limited to the tone in my hand and arm and seizure's with the treatment of botox and anti convulsants. I have been seeing him every 3 months for almost 2 years. I have sent MANY neurologists for the tone in my arm and hand and he has done more for me than any other practitioner. He is very knowledgeable and good at what he does. I reccomend him for stroke or TBI ailments/side effects.

Excellent!

Posted on February 4th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. McKee after having years of trouble with my wrists. He was kind, courteous, professional, gentle and extremely thorough. He was able to find my problem in the same doctor visit and I left feeling relieved, as well as blown away that he had spent such a long time with me. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Posted on January 4th, 2015

Patient and knowledgeable. Gave accurate diagnosis at first visit six months ago.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on November 13th, 2011

After suffering from daily headaches for over a year I was given a referral to a neurologist, and on my primary physician's recommendation an appointment was scheduled with Dr. McKee. During an emergency room visit before my scheduled appointment the doctor who treated me said that he also recommended Dr. McKee, adding that he thought of Dr. McKee as a highly intelligent doctor - a compliment I've noticed doctors do not often give each other. After notifying Dr. McKee's office that I had been to the ER and that my symptoms had worsened, they even called me when an appointment sooner than my own opened up due to a cancellation. For the first time in over a year I felt confident that there would be an answer to the pain that had been affecting every aspect of my life. Then, days before my appointment, I made the mistake of searching for any reviews online hoping to calm my typical first time patient nervousness. And what I found did exactly the opposite! Such unkind things were said that I found few of them believable, but nonetheless spent those remaining days filled with worry, all of my former confidence gone. All of that worry, that anxiety and stress, was needless. The staff at Northland Neurology is extremely kind and caring. Whether on the phone or in person I can't help but smile after talking with them, they are truly compassionate people. Dr. McKee was kind and understanding. He took the time to explain treatment options and diagnostic procedures, and the risks and advantages of each. He even let me be part of the decision making process, which was a very pleasant surprise after having grown accustomed to being handed a prescription and being told "try this." Most importantly to me and to my family, he was able to accurately diagnose my condition and provide a solution. Hopefully others who are searching for an honest review will read this, and I hope they find comfort instead of needlessly worrying as I did.

Bedside Manner Complaint Yielded Defamation Suit

Posted on June 3rd, 2011

By Mark Stodghill, Duluth News Tribune, April 28, 2011 A judge threw out a lawsuit today filed by a Duluth physician who said he was defamed by a man ...

Problem still not solved

Posted on November 7th, 2010

I suffered a whip-lash injury and had many unusual symptoms, including vertigo, head, neck and facial pain, inner ear pain and others. I always got the feeling this physician didn't believe me when I was telling him my symptoms. I realize that it is their job to try to separate fact from fiction, but the treatment I received from this (and a few other Duluth physicians) was upsetting to me--definitely disappointing. For the most part, I was treated as if I were merely seeking attention and/or drugs, and that my concerns were not legitimate. I was treated for migraine, even though I had an injury--an event had occurred, and previous to that event, I had no pain at all. Six years later, I am still in pain, every single day. What happens is, when you have a less than positive experience with one, you give up on doctors in general. I have not seen a doctor about the pain in four years, in part because I was so disheartened after he didn't seem to believe that that something actually happened to me and that I was in pain. Now that the pain has eroded my stubborn-ness (to never allow myself to be painted the Hysterical Female by a physician, ever again), I will try again with somebody else and hope for the best.

Helped with my Stroke

Posted on April 25th, 2010

Hospitalized last month with a stroke. Of my doctors, Dr. McKee was the most aware of my situation and showed the ability to manage the problem. I think the other doctors were fine, but Dr. McKee was outstanding. I did well

Fabulous Neurologist

Posted on April 24th, 2010

I was diagnosed with MS 8 years ago and have had experience with a number of neurologists over the years. Dr. McKee is the best I have encountered. Very caring and informative. He has a friendly style and sense of humor which helped me to feel relaxed right from the start of my first appointment.

Posted on September 19th, 2017