4.9

Have you seen Dr. David J Medford?

Dr. Medford saved my eyesight

Dr. Medford saved my eyesight by sending me for an MRI of my brain based the results of my eye tests. A benign growth was timely discovered before permanent damage to my eyesight was done. Thanks to his thorough testing I had a great outcome.

Excellent Doctor!

Dr. Medford has performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. The improvement in my eyesight is amazing. Dr. Medford is extremely patient and takes the time to thoroughly explain the details of what will happen on the day of your surgery. His staff is also very knowledgeable . I completely trust him to take the best care of my eyes and you should too!

A perfectionist

I chose Dr. Medford as my ophthalmologist and for my recent cataract surgery based on his long-standing reputation for excellence in his field. I highly recommend him not only for his knowledge and skill but also for his empathic engagement with his patients. Both he and his staff were generous and kind. Because I have prior retina issues, I was extremely and unnecessarily apprehensive before the surgery and during the healing process. Dr. Medford never dismissed my concerns. He addressed and assuaged every single one returning my calls even on the weekends. It feels magical now having the gift of 20/20 vision. Thank you Dr. Medford, you are a wonder. I am grateful to your supportive and competent staff and also to those who assisted at the Ridgedale Medical Center for making my experience a calm and comfortable one.

Exacting!

Dr. Medford is very exacting. Just what I want in a physician who's going to be treating my eyes! He's not particularly social ;=), but he's focused on providing the best care. That's exactly what I want. I have monocular vision, where I see distance better with one eye and close-up with the other. I was able to keep that ability. I was having trouble with reading and night driving, and now can do both without glasses. I have a prescription that I may fill, because I love to read and sometimes my eyes get tired after a lot of reading. I'm grateful for the improvement in my vision!!!!

Excelent

When I needed cataract surgery, my wife who is an RN, began researching the qualifications of many different ophthalmologists and found Dr. Medford's credentials very impressive. I traveled 45 miles each way from my home for the appointments. I found Dr. Medford and all of his staff to be really professional and very helpful. I now have 20/20 vision, no side effects and no complications. When I needed cataract surgery, my wife who is an RN, began researching the qualifications of many different ophthalmologists and found Dr. Medford's credentials very impressive. I traveled 45 miles each way from my home for the appointments. I found Dr. Medford and all of his staff to be really professional and very helpful. I now have 20/20 vision, no side effects and no complications I was back on the golf course in a week. It is so important to choose the right doctor!

Outstanding Experience

I recently had both of my eyes done and I was totally pleased. From my first appointment I knew I selected the right surgeon. Dr. Medford takes the time to explain everything and what to expect. 5 stars all around for him!

I had cataract surgery and was very apprehensive prior to the procedure. Dr. Medford provided all the appropriate information which helped to alleviate my anxiety, and related to me in a caring and professional manner. His office staff was very kind and considerate making the experience a very comfortable one. Most importantly, I can see great!

Recommended without hesitation!

Most reviews are written by the patients themselves, but I'm writing as the daughter, the primary caretaker of the family, and the legal healthcare proxy of my 69-year-old parents. Because my parents' native tongue is Mandarin Chinese, I make every effort to accompany them to every medical appointment. I serve as their "Uber" driver and translator (if needed). If you knew me personally, you would know how serious I am when it comes to recommendations, especially when it comes to matters of health and wellness. In the past 5 years, I have directly cared for my best friend and extended family through a myriad of surgeries and treatments for various cancers, spinal injuries, and critical illnesses. Finding the right doctors/surgeons can be a full time job, but the right fit is what ensures the patient's path to his/her "miracle" recovery. Great medical credentials on paper is one thing, but the attitude/demeanor of the doctor is equally if not more important than competency alone. I waited until today to share my thoughts on Dr. Medford and his team because it is a full month after my parents' respective cataract surgeries. Both of my parents needed cataract surgeries for both eyes. They had seen other opthamologists for the past several years, but I would raise concerns about those visits. My parents felt obligated to stick to those doctors because they were recommended by their friends. When my parents' eyesight worsened, I took a more definitive stance with my parents and encouraged them to please see Dr. Medford for an additional opinion. I had researched extensively online, and he had an impressive number of reviews with detailed narratives to make them credible. Few things are as useless as a 5 star rating without meaningful comments. This isn't merely buying takeout for dinner. Dr. Medford has 3 office locations. We had to see him at the Denville, NJ office for the initial appointment because my parents were "new patients". The second visit was at Morristown, NJ to prepare for the first of two cataract surgeries. The surgery took place at Ridgedale Surgery Center in Cedar Knolls, NJ. We had a "post op" appointment the day after surgery, and once again, a week after surgery. The doctor and staff will give you written instructions on what to do 3 days before surgery and how to take care of the patient after surgery. We followed those instructions religiously, and I'm happy to report that both my parents enjoyed flawless recoveries! The final "post op" appointment takes place approximately 4 to 6 weeks after surgery at the office location of your choice. (Note: If you need cataract surgery for both eyes, you will wait at least 2 weeks between the two surgeries.) My parents were delightfully surprised by three things: (1) the eye surgery was over before they thought it had even started, (2) there were no scary needles to the eye, and (3) they could see clearly so quickly. My dad's eyesight improved within the first day, whereas my mom's eyesight gradually improved over a week. They are both enjoying their newfound sight, often commenting how beautiful the trees and flowers are. They also make a competitive game out of any road trip. "I can read that sign! Can you?" As you can tell from the length of this review alone, we cannot be more appreciative of Dr. Medford, his surgical coordinator (Kelli), and the extended team of nurses and staff. Excellence is a team effort! Every interaction is professional and courteous. Dr. Medford sprinkles his sense of humor into the medical assessment, and he's open to showing curious family members what cataracts look like via the microscope. He's direct about what is important and what is not; clarity of communication goes a long way in managing the patient's expectations and worries! My parents recommend Dr. Medford to all of their friends now, even those who don't need eye surgeries. Most of my friends are in New York City, but a few are seriously considering making the trip to NJ if they want a trusted second opinion. I wish you and your loved ones a smooth road to recovery; you will be in excellent hands with Dr. Medford!

Veterinary Pathologist

I'm a veterinary pathology, I had been wearing glasses for close to 58 years. When I was told that I needed cataract surgery I was concerned. I just want to confirm that the experience I had with Dr. Medford was excellent. He took the time to explain the procedures and show me the lenses. He and his staff are very professional and helpful and the whole experience was pleasurable. He corrected my astigmatism I had and I no longer need glasses for distance or reading. What a Blessing. Thanks Doc.

Good Surgeon

I was recommended to Dr. Medford by a co-worker. She was pleased with her cataract surgery and so I am. The office visits (pre and post-surgery) were efficient and I was well informed. I had early-morning appointments for everything (including surgery since I am hypoglycemic) and each appointment was “on-time.” I would heartily recommend Dr. Medford for eye surgery. It seems a miracle to me to see vividly again. Thanks Dr. Medford!

Great Experience, 5 Star

Dr. Medford is a true professional. He gives you all the information and your choices on cataract surgery, and will take the time to ensure you fully understand the procedure. The procedure itself was painless, and my new eyesight is a revelation. In addition, the office staff as well as the staff at the Ridgedale Surgical Center are very courteous, efficient and helpful. My wife and I both have had cataract surgery, and give Dr. Medford our highest recommendation.

Good experience

I had an amazing experience with Dr. Medford performing cataract surgery these past two months. It was obviously necessary surgery and the doctor and staff explained the procedure many times to make certain I understood exactly what the procedure would involve. During the entire procedure everyone was so calming and explained exactly what they would be doing and how it would feel. As they promised, it was pain free and very quick! My vision is what I remember as a 10 year old!

Dr. David J Medford is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Orange, NJ.