Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Mehregan
Dr. David A Mehregan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dearborn, MI, with another office in Monroe, MI. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatopathology and Dermatology. Dr. Mehregan is affiliated with DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center, Hutzel Womens Hospital and DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Mehregan has the following 2 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. David A Mehregan has the following 7 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Pigmented Nevus
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Diseases
Dr. David A Mehregan has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David A Mehregan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I would NOT recommend this doctor. Suffering with acne and melasma for 10 years can be a very difficult subject to discuss. I decided to seek a dermatologist within the Oakwood Hospital network for additional melasma treatment/options and information. During the office visit, I was told basically a âscriptâ composed of how to treat acne. I then directed Dr. David Mehregan back about my primary concern of coming into the office-specifically for my melasma but received no options or information. I noted the doctor attitude shifted with any question or comment I would interject. My experience with Dr. David Mehregan has shown him to be insensitive, condescending and ignorant of my condition. It is truly sad that our healthcare staff can treat patients unfairly/rude and still be compensated for their lack of advice.
Dr. Mehregan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. David A Mehregan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David A Mehregan in this video.
Dr. David A Mehregan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dearborn, MI.