Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David B Melchinger has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David B Melchinger has the following 7 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Weight Loss
Dr. David B Melchinger has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 7
Dr. Melchinger is a charm. I must be the youngest patient in his practice, since it seems that most others are middle aged or elderly. Sometimes it feels like you're waiting for him in the examination room FOREVER... but when he comes in, he will give you all of his time and attention. There have been times that we have spent nearly 45 minutes discussing concerns. The office is old, the staff is grumpy, but he is warm and has a great bedside manner. Though, he seems to get in the habit of having you go on never-ending follow-ups. If you are looking for an internist, epidemiologist, infectious disease doctor, or light hearted guy to switch to, he is the one. Just be patient and go with the flow. **They do have a phlebotomist right in the office, so no need to go to Quest!!! AND he has an EKG machine!** I do recommend him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Melchinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
52 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. David B Melchinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Locations & DirectionsMelchinger Rosenthal Breier Mds, 100 York St Ste 2E, New Haven, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David B Melchinger, MD - Internal Medicine in New Haven, CT, in this video.
Dr. David B Melchinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.