Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. David A Michaels
Dr. David A Michaels, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Durham, NC. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Michaels has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Michaels displayed a caring but no-nonsense approach to my problem. He did not dismiss my complaint as minor and after a thorough exam and personal history dealing with my headache he was truthful but professional about remedies I could employ myself while experiencing such a headache. Some of his suggestions included acupuncture and relaxation techniques. Since I am not one to use a lot of medicine, this approach was greatly appreciated. I will definitely ask for Dr. Michaels on my next trip to the emergency room.
Dr. Michaels showed a genuine interest in my medical problem which was not as serious as I feared. He was confident but careful, thorough but caring, and above all, compassionate.He showed excellent knowledge about my problem and his diagnosis was correct - the medication he prescribed solved the issue. A credit to the profession!
13 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 2005
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDUKE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, 200 Trent Dr, Durham, NC
Dr. David A Michaels is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.