Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. David P Michelin
Dr. David P Michelin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Traverse City, MI. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Michelin is affiliated with Munson Medical Center. Dr. Michelin has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David P Michelin has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. David P Michelin has the following 3 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. David P Michelin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
I found Dr.Michelan to be very personable, professional, and meticulous about my care. I'm 40 years old and came to him with cervical cancer. He preformed a radical hysterectomy on me with DA Vinci robot. I was never scared or nervous at any appointments, biopsies, or actual surgery. His air of confidence, knowledge, capability, and experience had me completely at ease. My family that met with him were also very impressed and happy with how he handled everything. My surgery went smooth and today I am cancer free. Thank you Dr. Michelan. You've had a positive impact on a lot of people from my experience alone. I can only imagine the love and gratefulness you've gained from others. May god continue to bless you!
While it is true Dr. Michelin does not have a good bedside manner, when one has been diagnosed with cancer you want the best gyn oncologist and that is who you get with Dr. Michelin. He is truthful and tells it like it is, but he is professional and knowledgeable, so if you are looking for the best outcome when you have cancer, Dr. Michelin will provide it.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Michelin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. David P Michelin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO