Dr. David Michelson Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. David Michelson?

Posted on July 26th, 2016

HORRIBLE office with completely incompetent and rude staff. Their office manager (looks like a cafeteria lady, big old with short hair and crooked teeth) is the worst. She should be fired and sent to Siberia for hard labor. The good doctor should be ashamed for hiring these people.

not recommend this doctor

Posted on April 24th, 2016

I cannot recommend this doctor to anyone. Dr. David S. Michelson repeatedly recommended a wrong procedure (I realized it after I went for a second opinion). Only one office visit needed at other doctor offices, I had to visit five times to this office and the office over-charged repeatedly for my visits and inappropriate diagnostic procedures.

Smart, Compassionate and Efficient

Posted on July 11th, 2014

Dr. Michelson changed the drops I was having problems with for years. The problem turned out to be that several different companies make the generic medication that I was taking. This caused off and on problems that other doctors had been trying to figure out for years. Quick solution and now I'm much better on a simple once a day drop. He also spent time on disease prevention with me ! He obviously cares about his patients.

Not trustworthy

Posted on August 5th, 2013

This doctor would not listen. I was using eye drops for years and years and my vision was stable. When I came for my 1st visit, my eye pressure was somewhat high because I forgot to use my eyedrops the night before. I told his this, but instead he insisted that I change my generic medication to brand name. I used generic for years with stable good results and had to argue with him about it. He lacks common sense, obstinate. In addition he was pushing me to do extra expensive tests which I did just recently and showed him the results. Would NOT recommend him.

Not for me

Posted on May 1st, 2013

I am looking for help instead I got read the riot act for wearing contacts. He wanted me to buy expensive glasses that might or might not help with my visions issues.

Amazing doctor ! Amazing Staff !

Posted on November 2nd, 2011

I have been going to Eye Care of La Jolla and Dr. David Michelson for 8 years now. I go once to twice a year given my several eye problems. I know I have a difficult glasses prescription. I am very near sighted and have medical issues with my eyes as well. I also realize that the refraction (the optical test for the glasses prescription) is very subjective and depends on the pateint's responses. The whole team at Eye Care of La Jolla is very careful and supportive, and I have never had glasses as good as with them. I like Lindberg frames and know that they are very high end and relatively expensive, but it does no one any good to get fancy frames and low quality lenses. Would you buy a fancy camera with a "cheap" lens ? I also know that the final glasses result is a team effort requiring careful answers on my part during the refraction. As a result of their professionalism and team approach, I have been thrilled with my vision and glasses at Eye Care of La JollaBy the way, having gone to Yale for undergrad and Johns Hopkins for medical school, it's amazing to find such a brilliant eye doctor. Glasses are one thing, but handling complex medical issues requires a talent and compassion that Dr. Michelson has "in droves". Thank you, Dr. Michelson ! I am so happy I can see so well !!!

Phenomenal Doctor !

Posted on June 28th, 2011

I feel lucky to have such a wonderful doctor !! At a time when more medical care is delivered like an assembly line, Dr. Michelson and his whole office staff are the complete opposite. They take the time and effort to help me with whatever my problems are. As a patient with multiple complex eye problems, I have been so thrilled with Dr. Michelson's intelligence, talent and compassion. Not only does he care about my eye prolems, he cares about ME !Thank you so much Dr. Michelson and everyone at Eye Care of La Jolla !

Exceptional doctor and office staff !

Posted on June 1st, 2011

I almost never write a review but after my last visit with Dr. Michelson, I just have to praise him and the whole Eye Care of La Jolla team ! As a physician myself, though not an ophthalmologist, I understand the subtleties of medicine. Medical decisions, and even some diagnoses, are rarely " black and white" absolutes. Dr. Michelson has the intelligence, compassion and judgement to guide patients through the decision making process of relative pros and cons. This is an uncommon and undervalued talent ! I have been trusting Dr. Michelson with patients that I have referred to him for years. I always get rave reviews from them when I see the patients after their visits with him. When it came time to have my own eye problem evaluated, I followed my own recommendation and saw Dr. Michelson myself. He reinforced and exceeded my previously great impression ! Thank you Dr. Michelson !

Posted on March 31st, 2011

Great Doctor and very personable!

Posted on May 4th, 2010

extremely compassionate staff and doctor and doctor abviously very bright and experienced. office has lots of very high tech equipment which helped in diagnosing my mother who has many serious eye problems. Dr. Michelson was able to treat all her problems himself, whereas before at a university, she had to see 3 different doctors

Posted on November 1st, 2016