Dr. A Monheit Is this you?

1.6

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. A Monheit?

Monheit Not Right

Posted on June 23rd, 2016

As I waited over 45 minutes for my name to be called, my leg began to shake, sweat saturated my palms and my face became intensely warm; impatient is an understatement at this point. Luckily for my own sanity I was able to calm myself and assess the situation. The world doesn't revolve around me and my problems...deep breath. It's been rough that's why I'm here. Relax. Once my name was finally called and I was seated in Dr. Monheit's office; I simply inquired about the normal wait time, after all this was our first visit, he's getting to know me and vice versa. His immediate response was "Maybe you should see someone else." Dr. Monheit perhaps you should seek therapy and see someone based off your 1.5 star rating. Your ethics are not qualified to evaluate anyone's mental health.

Shady pill pusher

Posted on May 23rd, 2016

Front desk staff are friendly. I was new to the area and needed a new therapist and psychiatrist. A friend mentioned his office, so I gave it a try. They require an intake appointment before a follow-up with the psychiatrist. This seemed odd as I had always experienced the opposite. The therapist didn't seem to listen to me or take many notes on my issues. They also repeated the same questions several times during same visit even after I had answered said questions clearly multiple times. They instead focused on the obscure details rather than the more relevant issues I was having. Once I finally saw Dr. Monheit 3 weeks later, he seemed to just crank through patients as quick as possible. I saw 4 people cycle through in the 30 minutes while I waited to be called in. Once there and after months of follow up visits he refused to provide refills and essentially forces you to have monthly follow up for medications that aren't even controlled substances. If they were, I would have understood, but once on maintenence levels it's unnecessary. It's became obvious after a few visits that he is a pill pusher and is playing the insurance co-pays by forcing monthly visits. Ten patients an hour is very lucrative after all. This was validated by the high number of college age people in waiting area what he is pushing more that anti-depressants. Very wide eyed and for lack of a better word, strung out looking. So, if you want amphetamines my bet is this is the place for you. If you want quality care with a Dr. who will be insightful and give you more that 5 minutes of their time, go elsewhere.

Posted on April 1st, 2016

Horrible psychiatrist. Does not spend time with patients and does not listen to patient's concern. Spends only 2 minutes with the patient and writes a prescription.

Posted on February 1st, 2016

Always at least 1 hour late for his appointment and he then spends 5 minutes with you. He refused to complete paperwork my insurance carrier requested. No bedside manner,, he's rude and only has office hours on Monday afternoon/evening. Terrible

Posted on September 1st, 2015

If what you need is someone to prescribe pills, and you have time to wait in an office, he's fine, but if you want an actual diagnosis, and the feeling like you're not just a talking pile of money, go somewhere else.

Absolutely, 100% awful

Posted on September 2nd, 2014

Absolutely dreadful. He does not care about his patients whatsoever. I don't even know why he's allowed to practice medicine anymore! You basically walk in, request whatever you want and he writes it for you. He took no time to accurately diagnose me and ignored my suicidal ideations. He's concerned only with money and refused to see me until I paid the stupid $40 late fee. THIS MAN SHOULD BE IN JAIL

worest doctor ever

Posted on April 28th, 2014

I felt that I'm not normal person or I'm crazy after I met with him . Now I'm setting in my car wondering about the bad treatment that he gave it go me for no reason . I think he need a doctor to fix his problems before he is trying to help others. The only thing that made me calm that other people mentioned bad reviews and Celts the same . I'm not the only one. Don't ever go to this doctor

2 Thumbs Down

Posted on August 2nd, 2012

Everything stated in the preceding reviews about Dr. Monheit are true. Having just come from my appt. I 100% vouch for everyone's opinions. I felt as though because I was not suicidal, depressed, or clinically insane, I didn't deserve to be touching my shoes to his carpet. He is a belittling, curt, self serving elitist, who leaves you feeling more hopeless than when you walked into the office. I refuse to return to Penn psych because of my experience with Dr. Monheit.

Do not waste your time if you are serious about your mental health

Posted on October 3rd, 2011

I spent more time waiting than I did in his office. Basically you go in, tell him what you want and he writes a Rx for you. Doesn't really care. Great for people that just want some one to give them medication .

WOULD NEVER RECCOMMEND

Posted on July 16th, 2011

First let me explain that i drove 45 minutes and waited over an hour to see this "Doctor". Upon Meeting and speaking with him his attitude was very belittling, inconsiderate, and apathetic towards my Physical & Mental Impairments. The Whole time I felt rushed, presumptuously judged, unheard from, and just not interesting enough; as if he was sidetracked. As our visit ended i proceeded to leave shockingly and hopelessly. I spoke to the wonderful staff and asked if they had a Complaint Form to which they proceeded to give me one. I DO NOT RECOMMEND

Posted on July 7th, 2017