1.5

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. A D Monheit?

Didn't Seem to Care

He one of the rudest people I've ever met, which was obvious immediately in his manner when he called me into his office. He seemed impatient, bored with me, interrupted me when I tried to answer him, and my answers seemed to almost irritate him. His attitude made me feel small, and this is a man from whom you need at least a little bit of warmth in the vulnerable situation of depression. When my appointment was over he said "Have a good day," dismissing me and making me realize he wasn't even going to get up and walk me out of his office. I had to get up, open his door, and leave while he sat there. I've never tried to get help from a psychiatrist before, and now I have to find someone else because I can't imagine going back and being treated like that again.

Doesn't Give a SH*T

I've been on medication for serious depression for a long time. Believe me when I say Dr. Monheit should NOT have a practice anymore. He said TO MY FACE that he could not change my medication and that anti-depressants weren't some "magic pill that makes you happy." Like I was a 12 year old who thought a pill could make me happy, and not a severely depressed adult with over a decade of medication, therapy, and everything else under the sun. Last week I CRIED WITH RELIEF because I found a new psychiatrist who cared, listened, and assured me that he could help me taper off my outdated antidepressant, which is now known to have horrible withdrawal symptoms and not much benefit as compared with better, newer medications. Dr. Monheit made me feel like my depression was a sign of me being lazy, that I wasn't trying hard enough, and that this would be my life forever. The new psychiatrist I'm seeing is named Dr. Javier G. Taboada, MD and he's also a neurologist at a nearby hospital. I strongly recommend everyone to stay clear of Monheit unless you want someone to treat you like a piece of crap.

Poor Patient Care

Based on his tenure and training, I expected a higher quality of care. I later found out that Monheit works at several offices one day a week and does not make patient care a priority. Dr Monheit spent 20 minutes to process an evaluation. He also changed my diagnosis without telling me after evaluating me for only 20 minutes. I later found out from my insurance company who would not fill a prescription that his own office wrote Monheit claimed not to receive any messages left with staff..

Monheit Not Right

As I waited over 45 minutes for my name to be called, my leg began to shake, sweat saturated my palms and my face became intensely warm; impatient is an understatement at this point. Luckily for my own sanity I was able to calm myself and assess the situation. The world doesn't revolve around me and my problems...deep breath. It's been rough that's why I'm here. Relax. Once my name was finally called and I was seated in Dr. Monheit's office; I simply inquired about the normal wait time, after all this was our first visit, he's getting to know me and vice versa. His immediate response was "Maybe you should see someone else." Dr. Monheit perhaps you should seek therapy and see someone based off your 1.5 star rating. Your ethics are not qualified to evaluate anyone's mental health.

Shady pill pusher

Front desk staff are friendly. I was new to the area and needed a new therapist and psychiatrist. A friend mentioned his office, so I gave it a try. They require an intake appointment before a follow-up with the psychiatrist. This seemed odd as I had always experienced the opposite. The therapist didn't seem to listen to me or take many notes on my issues. They also repeated the same questions several times during same visit even after I had answered said questions clearly multiple times. They instead focused on the obscure details rather than the more relevant issues I was having. Once I finally saw Dr. Monheit 3 weeks later, he seemed to just crank through patients as quick as possible. I saw 4 people cycle through in the 30 minutes while I waited to be called in. Once there and after months of follow up visits he refused to provide refills and essentially forces you to have monthly follow up for medications that aren't even controlled substances. If they were, I would have understood, but once on maintenence levels it's unnecessary. It's became obvious after a few visits that he is a pill pusher and is playing the insurance co-pays by forcing monthly visits. Ten patients an hour is very lucrative after all. This was validated by the high number of college age people in waiting area what he is pushing more that anti-depressants. Very wide eyed and for lack of a better word, strung out looking. So, if you want amphetamines my bet is this is the place for you. If you want quality care with a Dr. who will be insightful and give you more that 5 minutes of their time, go elsewhere.

Horrible psychiatrist. Does not spend time with patients and does not listen to patient's concern. Spends only 2 minutes with the patient and writes a prescription.

Always at least 1 hour late for his appointment and he then spends 5 minutes with you. He refused to complete paperwork my insurance carrier requested. No bedside manner,, he's rude and only has office hours on Monday afternoon/evening. Terrible

If what you need is someone to prescribe pills, and you have time to wait in an office, he's fine, but if you want an actual diagnosis, and the feeling like you're not just a talking pile of money, go somewhere else.

Absolutely, 100% awful

Absolutely dreadful. He does not care about his patients whatsoever. I don't even know why he's allowed to practice medicine anymore! You basically walk in, request whatever you want and he writes it for you. He took no time to accurately diagnose me and ignored my suicidal ideations. He's concerned only with money and refused to see me until I paid the stupid $40 late fee. THIS MAN SHOULD BE IN JAIL

worest doctor ever

I felt that I'm not normal person or I'm crazy after I met with him . Now I'm setting in my car wondering about the bad treatment that he gave it go me for no reason . I think he need a doctor to fix his problems before he is trying to help others. The only thing that made me calm that other people mentioned bad reviews and Celts the same . I'm not the only one. Don't ever go to this doctor

2 Thumbs Down

Everything stated in the preceding reviews about Dr. Monheit are true. Having just come from my appt. I 100% vouch for everyone's opinions. I felt as though because I was not suicidal, depressed, or clinically insane, I didn't deserve to be touching my shoes to his carpet. He is a belittling, curt, self serving elitist, who leaves you feeling more hopeless than when you walked into the office. I refuse to return to Penn psych because of my experience with Dr. Monheit.

Do not waste your time if you are serious about your mental health

I spent more time waiting than I did in his office. Basically you go in, tell him what you want and he writes a Rx for you. Doesn't really care. Great for people that just want some one to give them medication .

Dr. A D Monheit is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Phoenixville, PA.