Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David N Calkins has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Showing 5 of 22
I appreciate what he has done for me and my family. I was very happy to find him. I read the other peoples reviews and disagree with many of them. I have been given other diagnoses, by other Dr's. but after all of their treatments, I wasn't much better. Dr Calkins asked me to wait and see if his diagnoses was correct. We could judge by whether or not I got relief from my pain, with his treatments. I did get relief and this has given faith in his diagnoses. After meeting with him, I went home and spoke to my friend and told her about our meeting. She had been treated by him and was very happy with the result. Her husband was also a patient and he said he was also happy to have been treated by him. I asked them why they didn't put a review on the internet.
On my first visit I waited over 3 hours for a pill sheet from the hospital I was released from for him to make a complete diagnosis on my pain without reviewing any other medical records in my case.On my last visit I brought a complete set of records in which he choose not to review.His manner was "totally unprofessional",degrading,unethical, and rude.Since going to a different pain management who took the time to read my records I am living pain free!
29 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. David N Calkins accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSunrise Medical Group, 117 Camino De Vida Ste 300, Santa Rosa, NM
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David N Calkins in this video.
Dr. David N Calkins is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Santa Rosa, NM.