Dr. David N Collins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David N Collins?

I was very pleased with the ease of conversation with Dr. Collins. When I met with him he was very thorough explaining the problem I had with my shoulder and what he would do to fix it. Surgery and after care was excellent.

Dr. Collins is a good fit for me because he is a concise and clear communicator. He answered my questions in as much detail as I cared to hear about the subject. Others may prefer a doctor that makes the time to express their sympathy or listen to their patients emote. I prefer not to go that way; all that just seems like beating around the bush to me. I do not know how Dr. Collins behaves towards other patients. He may have just read me as someone who prefers to get down to brass tacks. From my research, I believe Dr. Collins is one of the most experienced shoulder replacement surgeon in the state. Two weeks after the surgery I'd say the results are excellent. Dr. Collins uses a patient portal, HealthLoop, to make contact with patients daily starting about one week before the surgery and extending to three weeks after the surgery. Most doctors and hospitals use similar tools, but through HealthLoop the patient can ask questions which actually get answered within one business day. This is my fourth joint replacement and no other doctor has been that accommodating or responsive.

dr collins

promptness and professional

Dr. Collins explains things well. His nurse was very helpful also

Shoulder Surgery

I had right shoulder surgery following a car accident in 2006 and two years of unacceptable medical care in southeast Arkansas. After having two MRI's which the doctor said was negative and my not being able to move my arm upward, I called Dr. Collins office. Jake was wonderful and got me in immediately. I had a third MRI next door in the old Doctors Hospital and the Radiologist was great. We at this time used Media Contrast Dye which showed the torn Rotator Cuff on the backside. The only thing we could do was surgery and Dr. Collins did a beautiful job. During this he found a more difficult tear which required more tedious work and a much longer healing period. Dr. Collins showed my husband what passive physical therapy we could do and when my arm was ready he would add more movement. Jake always got me in to see Dr. Collins when I needed him and I healed beautiful but it took a year. It was worth the wait and my arm and shoulder have been great. People forget that there are other "YOU"s for a doctor to see and he may be late because he's in ER surgery with someone else and one day you might be that patient in the ER. How would you feel if he continued seeing his office patients and denied you in the ER? Thank you Dr. Collins and Jake for your #1 care.

Ms.

I live in Okla. & my orthop. surgeon (Ft. Smith) recommended Dr. Collins because of the type of surgery needed: total reverse shoulder replacement - for both shoulders. He did right shoulder 1st then 7 months later the left. I have RA & was in lots of pain before surgeries. Dr. Collins was very professional & very caring. I definitely would recommend him to anyone. (2012)

June

Dr. Collins is a wonderful Surgeon. He has replaced 2- shoulders and 1 hip for me, he is excellent . I would trust him to replace any joint for me. He is so kind and nice. I totally recommend him. He knows what he is doing.

Very professional and did a great job on my shoulder!! Would recommend Dr. Collins to all my friends and family.

Rude receptionist

Called to get info on this dr as to how many total shoulder replacements he performs regularly since another shoulder orthopedist told me to use a dr who "does a lot of them". My pcp mentioned his name to me and told me to get his number online. I did that and called his office. When i asked how many TSRs he does, she said to look in his website. I told her I did and thats how I got his number but there's no information concerning this on his site. She put me on hold and came back to tell me he does surgery every day. Since we were not communicating at all, I finally gave up and told her I'd have my PCP find out for me. She then said my PCP would have to make my appt anyway. She had previously tried to get my birthday, info etc. My opinion is: if a doctor can't have people knowledgeable of his practice answer the phone, then he's not concerned about his patients or his own practice.

Joint Replacements

Dr Collins has replaced 3 of my joints, 2 shoulders & 1 hip. He is an excellent surgeon & Doctor. There is no better.

Dr. David N Collins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.