Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Silvers
Dr. David Silvers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatopathology and Dermatology. Dr. Silvers is affiliated with New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia, New York Presbyterian / Westchester and NYU Langone Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David Silvers has the following 2 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I sent slides from the lab at the Hospital where I work and they couldn't confirm Melanoma. I sent the slides to Dr. Silver who rendered his opinion as early melanoma. Thank you very much! The staff was courteous and extremely efficient. . The reading was done in a couple of days. Thank you. Would highly recommend
Dr. Silvers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
New York Presbyterian / Westchester
NYU Langone Medical Center
Duke University Medical Center
Columbia University School of Medicine
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Duke University Hospital
Beth Israel Medical Center-Petrie Campus
Columbia College of Physicians & Surgeons
Presbyterian Hospital Acu
45 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
New York University
Dr. David Silvers accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsElizabeth Kagan Arleo MD, 1105 Park Ave, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Silvers in this video.
Dr. David Silvers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.