Have you seen Dr. David N Smith?

This is the best doctor I have ever seen in my whole life! I was having a serious medical problem that no other doctor could figure out or even take the time to bother with me. He ran many many tests and had me take a medicine that changed my life. Before I took this medicine, it was difficult for me to do basic things in my daily life such as even watching tv. Yes you wait a long time to see him, but it is sooo worth it. I saw him for neurological problems, not for my eyes though. He is AMAZING and such an AMAZING doctor. Someone needs to give this man a raise!!!!!!

Worth the wait

We have had some long waits to see Dr Smith however he is extremely thorough. He care and attention was FAR better then the first Docs assessing our son's epilepsy. Dr Smith is more careful and thoughtful in choosing meds and in explaining to our son what's going on.

DR.SMITH IS AGOOD DR.

DR.DMITH IS ALEAYS COUTIOUS.AND SPENDS THE TIME THAT I NEED WITH HIMHE IS GOOD ABOUT FINDING PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS.I AM HAPPY TO BE ON TYSABRI I COULD BE MUCH SICKER THAN I AM.

An Incredible Doctor

Yes, while one almost always is in for a long wait to see Dr. Smith, once with him you have 200% of his attention. He is an exceptional diagnostician and explains his findings in terms that you can understand. He is "with the patient" for the long haul, when needed and is able to connect a patient with other medical people if needed. He is simply an incredible doctor and wonderful man.

Genious Technical Geek, But Perhaps Not a Doctor For Patients

Dr. Smith, based on his academic credentials, is an extremely intelligent man. Based on numerous visits for my young daughter, however, we will not be visiting him again. In my opinion, he is first a technician, granted an extremely intelligent one, a born and bred electrical engineer, who loves his computer technology. He would benefit mankind better if he worked in academia developing computer systems to complete MRI series comparisons, which he does personally and manually now. Once done with his computer-aided and extensive comparisons, he simply turns to you and, without a word, you realize he is DONE! No plan to follow, no diagnosis, no nothing! Granted, this is only my experience and I am sure he has helped many....but not my daughter. In addition, I see many listing 3 hours wait time....you are LUCKY if you only wait 3 hours. We have waited 10 and 12 hours, leave and come back, sleep, read, work...and see him for 5 minutes at nearly midnight on a Friday! I don't know why he would even want to work this way at this point in his career! It is mind-numbing. His patients suffer from potentially devastating neurological diseases, however, they are diseases that, with medication and careful attention, one can lead a long, happy life. NO ONE can lead any kind of life, involving work, school, families, when you must wait an entire day to see a Doctor in his dark office in front of gigantic computer screens like some science fiction scene! Genious yes, Doctor? Not for me.

Noone gets to see Dr Smith in less than 3 hours.

I had a scheduled appointment for 11:20 AM. I arrived at 11:10. At 2:20 PM, I was told there were 4 patients ahead of me. At 4:20 PM, I was told there were a few patients ahead of me and it would be at least another hour to hour and 1/2. I left at 4:30 PM and vowed to never go back. He is an excellent physician, but he is rarely available.

wtf

I have been sitting room at Dr. Smiths office for my 3:30 apt. Its now 8:15 and still no doctor. This in not worth the wait.I had better doctors on a recent trip to mexico.

undefined

waited over six hours when i called for an appt. lady was VERY rude. going to find a better place

Unless you have a life-threatening condition, it's not worth it.

the best of the best

Dr Smith does not give up. He will continue on until he finds the cause of your symptoms. He exceeds all the other Drs put together that I have seen over the last year and a half trying to get a diagnosis. His reputation preceeds him and therefore the wait is extensive sometimes but so worth it. I am so thankful to have him for a Dr. He is the true meaning of what Drs are supposed to be but sadly not many are anymore. I cannot say enough good about him.

Outstanding specialist for difficult cases

Dr. Smith's training and skills put him far beyond the abilities of most in his field, so the demand for his services is great. He can diagnose and deliver results at a level far beyond what most practitioners can, and he has made a tremendous difference in my ability to function -- reduced pain, restored me to a much more normal life after almost total disability. This level of service to so many patients requires different organization of his practice -- longer wait times, the use of PA's (both of whom I respect very much) and recording to collect data. This doctor is not a primary care physician, and expectations should be different. But if you want exceptional results for complex neurological issues, and understand that the best requires investment on your part, you will be rewarded.

Dr. David N Smith is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rochester, NY.