Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David H Nguyen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. David H Nguyen has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. David H Nguyen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
The wrost dr I ever seen. Never go here never ever would give it a 1 star but don't deserve it only 0 star staff is rude like they are on pms even wroster never seen this before....I had to give it a 1 star in order to summit my review but they don't deserve a star at all ........
I read the above reviews and wonder what gripe the family members have with Dr. Nguyen. I found him to be the opposite of the negative comments above. He was caring and took the time to listen to our concerns. He even went the extra length to personally contact a GI specialist in order for the specialist to see my family member that same day. Thanks Dr. David Nguyen for your help and wonderful care!
My family has been with this doctor for over 12 years now, simply because my mother (like most older asians) believed that it was "easy" to ask for favors such as which medication they would like. However, this doctor is probably the worse doctor I've ever encountered in my life. You can probably drag a corpse in his clinic and he would look at his notepad, jot down a couple notes, nod, give you common OTCs that would solve practically nothing. I was finally fed with the doctor's poor attitude and when I confronted him, he threatened to pursue with a lawsuit for slander. However, I simply told him he'd lose because of the documentation I kept. In addition as for future reviews here are some reasons NOT to making this your family doctor: disrespectful, passionless, terrible communication, careless, never asked for follow up, and seems to look down upon others. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PASSIONLESS DOCTOR TO ANYONE!! SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND FIND SOMEONE ELSE!!!
My family has had Dr. Nguyen for 10 years as our family doctor. Why? It's close to home, speaking our language, and that's pretty much it. Otherwise, he is to me the most rude, and uncaring doctor I have ever seen. It is not surprising to me that there's no reviews written on this page for all this time, simply because most of his patients are old and respectful Vietnamese, who never knew this existed. Our doctor here has two different clinics. When he's at one clinic, in the other, patients wait for hours before they can see him, just because they don't want to lose their spot. Once you get to see him, the visit never last longer than 30 minutes. Worst of all, the doctor never shows concern about patient's health. All he ever prescribed were tylenol, amoxicillin, and cough syrup, drugs that you can grab over the counter. My father has cancer for the last year, he had never asked how he's doing or appoint a follow up after a near death experience. His tone to patients, especially, is totally unethical. They said that "doctors are like mothers" well my mother never would have asked me if I'm afraid of death when I explain to her where it hurts. This doctor does! Oh, and don't get on his bad side because once you do, he'd give you a limited of 4 words answers when you ask him a question in an emergency manner, "I said, it's ok." I would not recommend this doctor to anybody, unless you have nothing but time to waste.
Dr. Nguyen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Des Moines University
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. David H Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David H Nguyen in this video.
Dr. David H Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rosemead, CA.