- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Nielsen DO
Dr. David A Nielsen, DO is a doctor primarily located in Charlottesville, VA. They have 23 years of experience. Their specialties include Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. David A Nielsen has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. David A Nielsen has the following 33 expertise
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Wrist Injury
- Arm Fracture (Humeral Fractures)
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hand Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Fracture (Radius Fractures)
- Shoulder Fractures
- Acquired Hand Deformities
- Bone Fracture
- Elbow Nerve Compression Syndrome (Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes)
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Elbow Neuropathy (Ulnar Neuropathies)
- Wrist Fracture (Colles Fracture)
- Tennis Elbow
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Elbow Fracture (Ulna Fractures)
- Ganglion Cysts
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Elbow Injuries
23 Years Experience
Graduated in 1996
Dr. David A Nielsen Accepts the Following Insurance
- 183 Spotnap Rd Ste C Charlottesville , VA : (434) 244-8412
More about Dr. David A Nielsen
Dr. Nielsen obtained his degree in medicine at the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Missouri. He completed a residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Ohio University in Dayton and a fellowship in Hand, Upper Extremity and Microvascular Surgery at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Dr. Nielsen served on the staff of the Hand Section at the Shriner's Hospital for Children in Tampa prior to founding the Charlottesville Orthopaedic Center. He specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of all musculoskeletal conditions of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand as well as general orthopaedics. Dr. Nielsen has met the rigid standards of the Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Hand Surgery in addition to being board-certified in general orthopaedics. He belongs to numerous national and regional societies, serves on several hospital committees, holds leadership positions and lectures locally as well as across the country. He enjoys many activities including traveling, cooking, theater, music, and various outdoor and sporting activities.