Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David W Nixon has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. David W Nixon has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. David W Nixon has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Nixon treated a family member (my daughter) for several years. She became extremely drug dependent and eventually incapacitated by the medications the medications that he prescribed. She was/is a bright, talented woman with a promising career. Dr. Nixon's practices nearly cost me my daughter. This man should not be permitted the right to practice medicine anywhere!
Dr. Nixon engages in a practice of needlessly overmedicating his patients, denying the side effects are related to the myriad of drugs he has prescribed and relying upon repeat business based upon the drug reliance that he has created. His practices violate his hippocratic oath and betray the trust that is placed in him as a specialist by a patient who is very likely to rely heavily upon his judgement as a Psychiatrist. His conduct is shameful.
he signed my brother off as competent and that began a series of arrests and drug use. all this after he had been seeing my brother over ten years!! what a total disappointment in my brother's case. thanks to him, my siblings and I all have to attend court and try to fix the mess he created because he let my brother be his own caretaker. then, when we tried to get the doctor's help, he said no. i am sure he meant well...
30 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. David W Nixon accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
Locations & DirectionsA Center For Mental Wellness Inc, 121 W Loockerman St, Dover, DE
Dr. David W Nixon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dover, DE.