3.6

Not a good result

I had 1 cataract removed by Dr. Oday, turned out great. Then had another removed from my other eye, and he tore the lens when inserting it into my eye, then had to pull it back out, then inserted a new lens. It created a lot of junk in my eye, which moves back and forth in my eye, and it gets blurry also, constantly blinking to try to see better out of it. I asked him over and over if this will clear up, and he keeps says it will go away in 3 months, 6 months, going on 2 years and still not clearing up. Its difficult to see clearly from this eye. So I don't recommend him for cataract surgery.

Horrible Bedside Manner

Please read this review before you commit to using this surgeon for your lasik surgery. I decided that I was going to start a new chapter and get Lasik. I made the appt and was told the fee and how quickly I could be scheduled. I was super excited w the idea of not wearing glasses n contacts EVER. To accommodate the surgery, I paid for room nearby as post opp was the next morning. I was 2nd to last person being worked on when I heard LOUD uncomfortable discussion btwn the MD( Dr. A.) and surgeon- Dr. Oday. Dr O'day then left in a huff leaving several ppl in the waiting room. The front office mgr blamed it on faulty equipment coupled with fatigue. This is your eyesight PPL, if you aren't comfy with the attending surgeon -- don't do it. The young lady in front of me, waited 4 hrs and still nothing. She had the privilege of hearing Dr O'day complain about how long a day he had and driving in from Charleston that afternoon. I left after I told mgmt. that 1- I expected a full refund with consideration for hotel and missing work 2- I did not want Dr. O'day performing my surgery . I was told I would receive call with more dates and a choice of another surgeon. One wk later, I am calling daily only to be told this, that and the 3rd. I finally got a refund but what about my hotel stay , calling off work and so on- this whole affair cost me upwards of $400????? Unprofessional, horrible bedside manner and complete waste of my time. Not to mention, I had my heart set on this surgery bc I had been wearing glasses n contacts for 28 yrs! PS they now refuse to send over my evaluation to any other center. Word to the wise........stay away..if it doesn't feel right don't do it...regardless of the price. This place and this surgeon has no respect for his clients and the idea that this is LIFE ALTERING SURGERY. The least he can do is be polite and put the patients mind to ease..you are being paid to work.

Dr. David G Oday is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dahlonega, GA.