Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David W Ollila has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Endocrine Gland Cancer
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Breast Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Ollila immediately got me in. He kept a very positive attitude as we step through the removal and treatment process. He is very good at explaining what is going on what the next step will be. He was willing and Able to squeeze me in between other things he had going on. Happy to say all the cancer is out. I am very thankful to have had Dr. Ollila take care of me.
My husband was diagnosed with Melanoma. We were terrified and got in to see Dr. Olilla very quickly. He was very thorough and honest, explaining all of our options while showing compassion at the same time. The surgery went very well and my husband is now cancer free. We can never thank Dr. Olilla enough. If you have Melanoma, he is your doctor!
28 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. David W Ollila accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David W Ollila in this video.
Dr. David W Ollila is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hillsborough, NC.