Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David P Allen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. David P Allen has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 17
Self-verified patient of Dr. David P Allen - Posted on August 9th, 2015
DR allen is awesome
fatal medical treatment
Self-verified patient of Dr. David P Allen - Posted on March 11th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. David P Allen - Posted on June 11th, 2010
Very personable, good bedside manner, very professional and speaks in words that can be understood by the non medical person.Draws pictures to show problem areas and explain what problems are and how he intends to help correct them. Gives physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual care to his patients and spends time as needed to meed their needs. I feel I stuck gold when I found him as my physician.
Self-verified patient of Dr. David P Allen - Posted on September 18th, 2009
Self-verified patient of Dr. David P Allen - Posted on September 5th, 2008
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2013, 2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2009, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
40 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. David P Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsALLIANCE XPRESS URGENT CENTER, 919 S Craig Ave Ste A, Covington, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David P Allen, DO - Family Medicine in Covington, VA, in this video.
Dr. David P Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Covington, VA.