Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David P Goodman has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 39
I only saw Goodman just a few times. He seemed like a very good and caring psychiatrist at first. However, he was unreasonable with me when it came to his payment. I had no insurance and I asked him he can please do a sliding scale with me. He refused cuz of the policy in his office. I said ok but I can't see you every month then. It will have to be every 3 months at least. He agreed to that. 1 day I really needed to speak to him due to an emergency. His office was closed but I had his cell # which he called me from on my phone 1 time. Thinking it was ok, I called his cell. He sounded pretty shocked and annoyed that I called his cell. He told me don't call on my cell again and got arrogant. Well you should had told me that before when you very first called me from your cell that time. I then closed my case with him after that. He's a good doctor but he's not reasonable with patients who don't have insurance and from the phone incident, I guess he can get snippy if you annoy him.
Dr. Goodman is the only psychiatrist I have met (I deal with many professionally) who actually listens. When I was at my worst and losing all hope, Dr. Goodman was the only one who made me believe that things were actually going to be alright. He has a busy practice yet you never have to wait long for an appointment. He just has a very calming influence.
41 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. David P Goodman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Health Care Associates, 3523 Clearview Expy, Bayside, NY
Dr. David P Goodman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bayside, NY.