Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David P Taylor has the following 3 specialties
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Do not choose Dr. Taylor, he is not trustworthy. He is superficially charming but by your second visit you will start to realize that he lacks empathy, is reckless with his prescriptions and irresponsible. I went to him with a relatively minor problem - work stress was giving me stomach problems - and after suffering for two months of emotional/prescription abuse from him, I felt like I was having a breakdown. When I confronted him he quite flagrantly lied to me and then to UCLA CAPS to cover up his malpractice. Shortly after leaving his care I felt worlds better - I honestly feel lucky to have gotten out alive. Pick anyone but him! Dr. Taylor is a criminal in doctor's clothing.
Dr. Taylor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2001
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Locations & DirectionsDavid L Fogelson Md Inc, 2730 Wilshire Blvd Ste 325, Santa Monica, CA
Dr. David P Taylor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.