Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David M Phelps has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David M Phelps has the following 8 expertise
- Obesity (Bariatrics)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. David M Phelps has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David M Phelps is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
After 32 years in the military I retired and had to start going to civilian doctors. I schedule my first annual w/ Dr David Phelps for 0810, one of the earliest appointments, because I was fasting for blood work and so that I wouldnât feel too hungry. I arrived at 0755 to take care of paperwork and was shown into the exam room at 0810 with an assistant who spent about 5 minutes with me taking vitals and asking a few questions. When she left she told me to disrobe down to my underwear and wait. Little did I know that I would wait so long? At 0830 I was already getting antsy. By 0840 I was getting mad. When the Dr Phelps finally arrived at 0853 I was incensed! He said âHelloâ, I said nothing. He said, âHow are you?â and âI said pretty good considering Iâve been waiting for 43 minutes.â I said, âItâs 0853 and Iâve been waiting around here for 43 minutes in my underwear. How do you think I feel? I HATE WAITING! I was just about ready to get dressed and leave.â He said, âDo you want to leave?â and I said, âYesâ and I did just that. On hindsight, I should have left before he came in to save the altercation. My 32 years in the military taught me patience but I felt so disrespected. Was he really 43 minutes behind schedule at 8am? Did he just come in from a round of golf? I was royally po'd but I didnât curse him out or yell, I just left the building. When I got home I made an appointment with the VA in Clifton Park; so much for civilian doctors who donât care about Veterans or their patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Phelps is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Greater Baltimore Medical Center
Dr. David M Phelps accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
Locations & DirectionsCapital Care Family Practice, 286 Stage Rd, Ballston Lake, NY
Dr. David M Phelps is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ballston Lake, NY.