- Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa Medical Center
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David J Pompa MD
Dr. David J Pompa, MD is a doctor primarily located in Santa Rosa, CA, with other offices in Roseville, CA and Santa Rosa, CA. Their specialties include Gastroenterology.
Dr. David J Pompa has 3 locations
ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS
Dr. David J Pompa has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. David J Pompa has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. David J Pompa Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. David J Pompa
Welcome to My Doctor Online, a web site that my colleagues and I developed to make it easier for you to take care of your healthcare needs. On this site you will find answers to many of your questions about my clinical practice. Also included are several online features that will allow you to e-mail me, check your laboratory results and refill prescriptions. I hope you find its content informative and useful. Background My father was a migrant worker for most of his youth and from this beginning, he imparted a strong work ethic on to me. My mother has practical wisdom that, to this day, serves as a guide. From humble beginnings, they taught me that hard work, dedication, persistence and having an open mind allows you to achieve even the most difficult of goals. It is with this philosophy that I lead my own life, practice medicine and encourage my patients. I immensely enjoy the practice of gastroenterology and chose this subspecialty for two reasons. Gastroenterology is rooted in the principles of internal medicine which are fundamental to good medical care. I also find that the procedural skill required daily in my job presents additional challenges. During my gastroenterology training, I spent a considerable amount of time at Kaiser Permanente in San Diego County. It was there that I learned my clinical skills from what I felt were the best clinicians/physicians. The time I spent at UCSD Medical Center was great for academic purposes, but the time spent at Kaiser Permanente taught me how to practice medicine. I am grateful for my training at Kaiser Permanente every day I practice here in Santa Rosa. In gastroenterology, we perform many specialized procedures including upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP). It is the technical and cerebral challenges unique to each of these procedures that fuels my career interest. I have always loved procedures and feel this sets my field apart from most others. I enjoy performing ERCP as I find it to be the most challenging of all the procedures we do in gastroenterology. Great health resources that I refer to: For patient education, WebMD.com is the best, most reliable, and comprehensive source for medical information. The topics are presented appropriately and responsibly. With the internet being the most unregulated source of information ever known, I trust this website's integrity. Our website (members.kp.org) is also quite informative.