Dr. David Poulad Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Poulad?

Dr. Poulad has magic hands

Posted on October 25th, 2017

I was being treated by a local orthopedic group for 3 plus months and my pain was getting worse by the day. I finally went to see Dr. Poulad as he had performed surgery on my husband previously. I live by the Delaware Water Gap so this was a journey for me. Dr. Poulad took one look at me in a wheelchair as well and immediately admitted me into Overlook Hospital. He removed the evil cyst attached in my spine and I was like a new person. He is certainly, in my opinion an amazing surgeon. In two days I was smiling again. He has a wonderful bed side manner and treated me like we were friends. He is a gentle man and a gentleman. He is my hero.

Posted on October 25th, 2017

Dr. Poulad was an amazing surgeon and really helped me out when I was most in need. A few months back I began having terrible lower back pain to the point where I was hospitalized twice. While in the hospital, I was given a CT scan which found that I had a pinched nerve and was told it should go away on its own and they gave me some painkillers and sent me on my way. the next day I went to an orthopedic surgeon who read the CT scan and told me I’d be fine and told me to keep taking pain killers and muscle relaxers and start a three week stint with physical therapy. Two weeks into the physical therapy i wasn’t feeling any better and still had terrible pain that pretty much kept me in bed all day. I decided to follow the advice of an emt who had helped me out and contacted Dr. Poulad. They gave me an appointment within a week which was great since my pain was worsening. After reading the CT scan Dr. Poulad figured the pain would go away with time due to my young age but decided to send me for an mri just in case. That was a Tuesday, I went to get the mri done on that Thursday and on Friday went back for him to check out the mri and to both our surprised I had two bulging discs one of which was pressed so hard upon my nerves that I was not only have excruciating pain in my back and down my leg that I was started to lose strength in my leg that if not treated could lead to a permanent loss of feeling so he recommended surgery. One thing I loved is that he laid out all the possible options and explained which was best for me with pros and cons so after a short talk with my family we decided to go ahead with the surgery, a lumbar discectomy with lumbar fusion. Since time was of the essence he was able to schedule me for surgery just three days later. I was pretty nervous having only met this doctor 6 days before and reading a negative review on Google. Luckily the surgery went amazing, that same day I felt better and walking again. I honestly feel like Dr. Poulad changed my life and helped me regain what was lost while battling with back pain for so long. It’s been a few months since the surgery and I feel great and am able to do pretty much everything except heavy lifting which he said I could start to do again in a few months’ time. Thanks Dr. Poulad for being an amazing doctor, surgeon, and person!

Posted on December 9th, 2016

Dr. poulad is an excellent Physician who is tops in his field

Dr. Poulad

Posted on September 27th, 2016

The office staff is very friendly, and the PA, and Doctor Poulad where very helpful in reviewing and findings of my case. Dr. Poulad explained details for word on what the spinal fusion procedure would be like, and the aftercare I would need. He was very caring, and made me feel comfortable in the visit. Thank you Dr. Poulad and staff!!!

Posted on March 29th, 2016

Dr Poulad was very thoughtful and patient in explaining my condition. He listened to and addressed my concerns. I was so nervous when I saw him, I did not appreciate it, but I think he's the best doctor I've ever had. He saved my life. If you have back pain and need surgery, I highly highly recommend you see Dr Poulad.

Posted on January 29th, 2016

Dr. Poulad was recommended by my professional colleagues. Following diagnostic work up he explained his findings, intended surgical intervention, rehabilitation expectations and finances. Following a 4 hr. cervical laminectomy with fusion and decompression and rehab, as he predicted, I am back driving and returned to work at age 74. Dr. is highly skilled with patience and a sense of humor. The appointments and paperwork was seamless.

Helped my dad so much

Posted on January 12th, 2016

Dr Poulad was so kind to my father yet precise & medically clear for all of us to understand. What he did greatly improved dad's mobility and quality of life, and he was just great explaining everything. I really do recommend Dr Poulad to all my family and friends.

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

Dr Poulad set me at ease immediately and then explained my MRI films in simple plain language. He did not push surgery but gave me my options and let me and my wife decide. I was scared about getting operated on. Dr Poulad made me calm and confident about my decision. His care in the hospital was wonderful. The surgery went smoothly - I cannot believe how much better my life is now. Dr Poulad changed my life. I wish I'd seen him sooner. He is like a kind miracle worker. I recommend him very very highly.

excellent!

Posted on May 16th, 2015

Dr. Poulad is professional, knowledgable and a skilled surgeon. i would recommend him to any family or friends who needed the services he provides!

Posted on April 11th, 2015

Don't read the ONE negative comment list OVER FIVE YEARS AGO! Dr. Poulad is a well trained, excellent and caring doctor(I should know, I spent 13 years in the health care industry). I had a large disc herniation at L 4/5 and tried traditional treatments-physical therapy, 2 epidurals, and still in terrible pain. I got an appointment within a week. Dr. Poulad was able to schedule surgery in 5 days. Five weeks later I am pain free and functionally normally. He is a life saver! I am grateful to him and his caring staff.

This doctor really cares

Posted on June 20th, 2014

I hate doctors but Dr Poulad is exceptional. He took a lot of care with me, listening to my condition and my worries. He sympathetically took the time to know what was really going on. Then he explained his recommendations to me in plain words, patiently and using diagrams of the neck and back. I was worried and distracted and he kept explaining so that I could understand. He answered all my questions. In the end, no surgery is needed (at this time) but I will go back for checkups since surgery could be needed in future. He was not pushing me into an operation at all. In fact, he seemed to hold surgery as a last option. And I'll go back to see the big black Clifford dog which Dr Poulad kept by his side. I think having his dog there actually made me calmer and the whole experience easier. If you have to see a neurosurgeon, you could not have a better experience than with this guy.

An excellent doctor

Posted on February 13th, 2014

I had spinal surgery this past October. Right from the start I found Dr Poulad to be very knowledgable and easy to talk to. He seemed genuinely interested in what I was telling him and gave me options rather than only recommend surgery. His staff is very friendly and helpful. The office is very clean and modern. The wait time is reasonable. I would recommend him to a friend without reservation.