Dr. David Propst Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Propst?

Long Wait for Extreme Pain

Posted on September 16th, 2016

Had an appointment for my neck and shoulders where pain was an 8. He advised it looked like a pinch nerve and sent me to get an emg. The follow up from Dr. Propst was over a month after I got the emg completed. I got to the office after a month of agony and waited over 2 hours before the doctor showed up. No-one came in and apologized or advised that he was way behind.

Rude and uncaring

Posted on August 16th, 2016

Dr Propst is one of the most uncaring and arrogant physicians I have ever witnessed in my life. He was rude and short with my wife and would over speak her when she tried to talk to him. He would abruptly say, he don't know about anything, what?? We waited 3 1/2 weeks for first appt and take my advice, don't wait for him, find another caring physician. Carol and Cindy who work there are amazing and caring, those 2 awesome ladies need to find another employer!!

Posted on October 20th, 2015

Staff for insurance very unbecoming on speed an acuracy

Twice was enough for me

Posted on April 29th, 2015

The front desk staff are very nice as are the nurses/assistants at OASWO; however, Dr. Propst is without a doubt the most arrogant, condescending physician I have ever encountered. I went to him for major lower back pain and after ordering an x-ray and MRI, said I could try "conservative" approaches but thought I really needed surgery. He also referred me to a pain management doc in the same office, then proceeded to bash that doc after reviewing the notes from my first injection. I wouldn't let him perform surgery on one of my trees, much less my back or spine. I will not return. I am getting a 2nd opinion from a neurosurgeon...

THE BEST!!!

Posted on April 21st, 2015

Don't do yourself an injustice by choosing anyone other than Dr. Propst!!!

This doctor and his assistant gave me back my life.

Posted on April 10th, 2015

Yes, you are going to have a long wait, a really long wait. I remember laying flat on the floor in the waiting room with my legs up on the chair on a few occasions. Here's the deal, you wait a long time because you are seeing someone who is going to listen and take the time to go over your case. At the age of 27 I had spent 5 years in horrid pain with doctor after doctor telling me there was nothing wrong with me. I ended up in the office of Dr. Propst after my first trip to the ER in SoCal shortly after moving there and was referred to him by the ER staff. I honestly thought "great... here we go again with another doc telling me nothing is wrong". But that is not what happened. He spent a year working with me and the physiatrist/pain management doc doing test after test after test, PT 3x a week for a year. Trying to locate the source of my pain. After we had exhausted all diagnostic tests, steroid injections and therapies, he looked at me and explained what he ultimately thought my problem was, it had to do with a spinal defect, I had a hemisacralized vertebrae at L5/S1 (years later I found this was most likely related to a Chiari Malformation of 11mm). I was told by him that there was a 50% chance he could make it better, a 49% chance I would remain the same and a 1% chance he could make it worse. Obviously, I went ahead with a fusion because I was already living the alternative and it sucked. I went from backpacking and rock climbing to laying in bed in tremendous pain. I am one of his success stories. There are no words to express my gratitude towards him and Laura. The believed me. This doctor is not who you go through to manage your day to day pain. He will not prescribe medication easily so if your own experience with him and his office revolved around seeking medication and pain relief, you need to go elsewhere. It sucks but that is how it is and he has his reasons for it. I could not recommend Dr. Propst and Laura more. They are awesome and they helped me get my life back.

Posted on March 10th, 2015

Saw Lauren. She was wonderful! She spent time going over the X'rays, MRI and CT. We came out with a much better understanding of my condition, the shape I was in, why non- invasive things are tried before surgery. We left with a plan of action and a followup appointment with Dr. Probst. Also Lauren told us to call back with any questions. The staff was business- like. They knew what to do and did it. There was no horse play. They were, however, very curtious to my husband and me. A top notch office and staff succeeding without the frills of some offices.

Dr is a good surgeon, OFFICE staff and organization is HORRIBLE

Posted on February 20th, 2015

We wait at LEAST 2 hours every time there is an appointment, and there isn't any "thank you for waiting" by ANY staff, which is disappointing. We would switch doctors if it possible to find someone closer .

administrative assistant Laura is very rude and the SW Orthopedic group is all very non caring people

Posted on September 4th, 2014

I am in so much pain with my back and have been to emergency room and saw this doctor last week. Trying to get through to his assistant Laura is a joke and when I finally got through to her, after leaving her numerous messages, she was EXTREMELY RUDE and VERY NON CARING. She pretty much told me to go to emergency room because they are too busy to take care of me. I am not one to complain and I have been through 13 surgeries with the Cardinal Orthopedic Group in Columbus and have NEVER EVER experienced one rude person there. They are VERY caring people and they actually take the time to listen to me and help me. I only switched to SW Orthopedics in Dayton because I moved to Vandalia 2 years ago and the drive to Columbus was getting to be too much, but I would not send my pet rat to this doctor because his staff just doesn't care. I am going to report this practice to the medical bureau due to lack of compassion and treating a patient like they are just a burden to them!!! DO NOT go to this Dr. Propst due to his nasty administrative assistant Laura who hung up on me today!!! I can not even rate the staff because they don't even deserve one star!! Overall rating is a -10!

David Probst, D.O.

Posted on June 15th, 2012

Wonderful doctor. Caring and professional and very, very, thorough.

Posted on February 7th, 2011