More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Karas
Dr. David Karas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wadsworth, OH, with other offices in Wadsworth, OH and Akron, OH . He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Karas is affiliated with Summa - Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital, Cleveland Clinic HS - Medina General Hospital and Childrens Hospital Med Ctr. He speaks English.
Dr. David Karas has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. David Karas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Karas and staff will still be caring for my 3 daughters. He is an excellent physician, highly knowledgeable, and really takes time to understand the children he sees. He cares much deeper than medical, but tries to understand individual circumstances, lifestyles, and background when it comes to financial situations for medication and equipment and understanding where each child comes from. His staff is excellent...Sue, Jo Anne, Dawn...(that's just the few names off the top of my head) They all take their time for your children. Never rushing and have all the patience in the world for each child!
Dr. Karas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Summa - Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital
Cleveland Clinic HS - Medina General Hospital
Childrens Hospital Med Ctr
13 Years Experience
Medical College of Ohio
Graduated in 2000
Dr. David Karas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David Karas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wadsworth, OH.