Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David C Ruck has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
This so called Dr has continually discharged my son from the ER even ignoring previous Dr that he needs to be committed. My son has sexually assaulted myself and my daughter. And because it was just above clothing it wasn't considered serious enough for him to be removed from home. We are in danger and no one will take this serious. Dr ruck spent all of 2 min with my son and decided that in 3 days he magically has gotten better. That he isn't suicidal that he knows what he did was wrong and that he was calm!?!? Wth he was calm cool and collected before he did what he did. It was all calculated and yet still he wants to discharge him? This will be the 3rd time that we have taken him to the ER for these types of behaviors we have called to police in the spot and he can't get arrested . The preivious Dr from the weekend shift agreed he needed to be hospitalize but since it was the weekend they weren't able to find a facility. Then come Monday Dr ruck ignores everything and orders discharge. This is the worst exude for a dr that I've ever encountered.
this so called dr. told me to let my daughter go live with her dad and the man had no job, and was living in an unstable environment. I did and now my daughter does not speak to me and I blame this man because her father turned her against me! I would state how I really feel about him but I am too much of a lady.
Dr. Ruck is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. David C Ruck accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFirsthealth Moore Regional Hospital, 135 Woodland Dr, Pinehurst, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David C Ruck in this video.
Dr. David C Ruck is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pinehurst, NC.