Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David E Ruiz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. David E Ruiz has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. David E Ruiz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
If you are not a conciege patient you will wait a long time to get in for an appt. or be given the nurse practitioner to see. Front desk person always has a non cheery personality. Wait forever to get lab results or not get them at all unless you call for them and even then still wait. Dr is great but we should not have to be last in line to see dr because we are not a paying conceige patient
Dr. Ruiz spends the time to answer all of my questions and always follows up with a phone call if there are still questions that need to be answered. The only downside is, because he spends time with his patients to answer questions, he runs late. I have had to wait as long as an hour for my scheduled appointment, especially if it's in the afternoon. Morning appointments are a bit quicker.
Would hate to have to rely on this Dr. if something was really wrong with me. A routine visit with him goes like this, How are you, do you have any concerns or questions.... He may have checked my BP and Temp. Not sure anyone other than Rhonda ever checks Labs. Does not follow-up on referrals.Need to be aware that he is a FAMILY MEDICINE Dr. Maybe you should see an Internal Medicine or Geriatric Dr.
Great doctor, but be forewarned, IMPOSSIBLE to get a live person on the phone for anything needed. I called in to get some medication and left 3 messages and not one returned call. There whole phone system is recorded, you do NOT speak to anyone live. LAME LAME LAME, especially when they have a dedicated receptionist sitting right there in the office
29 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
White Memorial Medical Center
Dr. David E Ruiz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsArroyo Medical Group, 931 Oak Park Blvd Ste 101, Pismo Beach, CA
Dr. David E Ruiz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pismo Beach, CA.